M

MikeyMerg

Hey, I am new to this site and sort of new to this sport. I have been poking around the site for a couple of days now and finally decided to join. I just got a DB Response Sport and since then i have been trying to ride every chance I can get. This week I rode Clayton(real fun), Henry Hudson(to paved to straight but good exercise), Allaire(real fun), and Holmdal Park(found out after the trails are for running xc only, sorry).
At Allaire my brother, his girlfriend and I took the trail towards and against the stream. Fun for him and I but she walked it alot which was not a problem until she decided to ride through the small path right against the stream to slow. She fell in the middle of it, slide down and into about 3 feet of water. Her face was priceless but she was now real wet and my butt was muddy because i had to go fetch the bike. So if you were there around 5 and seen a girl sitting in the back of her red suv, passed a tall kid that looked like he craped himself or that fishermen that happened to see a girl in the stream wearing just a bra and pants because she was ringing out the shirt nice seeing you.
Right now I'm looking for a inexpensive helmet and if you could tell me other basic things i will need also. Thanks

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome to the site...
first thing is you do indeed head wear....this you will find out the first time you go over the bar face first...then ride as much as you can..

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
brain bucket

get one...ask NJ JESS she saw me eat it nice came up eith a face full and my money maker still in check...its def kinda a must...but welcome tuesdays 6.00pm rides at allaire...

M

MikeyMerg

Welcome to the site...
first thing is you do indeed head wear....this you will find out the first time you go over the bar face first...then ride as much as you can..
Ya i found out that a couple of times. I usually wear one but have problems find one that fits my big head,

M

MikeyMerg

get one...ask NJ JESS she saw me eat it nice came up eith a face full and my money maker still in check...its def kinda a must...but welcome tuesdays 6.00pm rides at allaire...
Ya i Know i had plenty of bad falls in other sports like snowboarding but none on this bike so far.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sheessh!!
Nobody actually needs a helmet...
until you tap the wrong rock, fly over the bars, knock yourself out for a few and are lucky enough to come to your senses with your riding buddies standing over you. Been there.

Trouble is, you never know when that rock is gonna appear.

I think Bell makes some mondo huge helmets... get one!

Oh yeah... welcome:D

M

MikeyMerg

Sheessh!!
Nobody actually needs a helmet...
until you tap the wrong rock, fly over the bars, knock yourself out for a few and are lucky enough to come to your senses with your riding buddies standing over you. Been there.

Trouble is, you never know when that rock is gonna appear.

I think Bell makes some mondo huge helmets... get one!

Oh yeah... welcome:D
i finally got a helmet so you will all be happy as i am about it. Its a bell Influx is this one good.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
As long as it fits you and is properly adjusted(ask someone who knows to check it) you're good to go!
All helmets have to pass certain standards regardless if they cost $20 or $200 so price has little to do with it, but color means everything.

Glad you got one.
Here's hoping you never actually need it:D.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Now that you got one come on out tusday nights.....

Top Bottom