Tubeless 29er tires

CrossAddict

I have toying with the idea of going tubless on my 29er and was wondering what tires hold up well and are suited for racing. I have bontrager tires now, but I always blow through side walls in 3-4 months. I have ran tubes since switching to my 29er and I have heard the new stans tubless stuff rocks.

I'm just trying to feel if it is a good move or not?

-rf

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think hutchinson makes killer 29er tires that are also UST. i'm sure jdog will be able to comment further.

The Kalmyk

I've heard so many conflicting stories about tubeless 29er i'm not sure what to believe....I can say the two people I talk to that didn't have a problem were running the Stan's system(rim and sealant) with yellow tape....BUT i've read somewhere that the sealant eats at the tubes:hmmm:....I'm hoping someone will come forward on this thread with some personal insight on the Bontrager system....

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have toying with the idea of going tubless on my 29er and was wondering what tires hold up well and are suited for racing. I have bontrager tires now, but I always blow through side walls in 3-4 months. I have ran tubes since switching to my 29er and I have heard the new stans tubless stuff rocks.

I'm just trying to feel if it is a good move or not?

-rf

Wait for the Toro 29er Tubeless ready.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
nice looking tire.

2423830214_7e9ee3a104.jpg

2423017815_7b73946b47.jpg

CrossAddict

Thanks for the posts keep them coming. Has anyone had experiance with Bontrager tires w/ a tubeless set up?

-rf

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What the hell do you need all that tread for? What's wrong with a good old Python?

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What the hell do you need all that tread for? What's wrong with a good old Python?

uh...well...i don't have them?
look, i'm still going through my fundamental shift in mtb tire thinking. the ignitors are a HUGE departure from the type of tire i have traditionally run. the big nobby kind. so gimme a break, mmm kay.

610_img_12.jpg

:D

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Thanks for the posts keep them coming. Has anyone had experiance with Bontrager tires w/ a tubeless set up?

-rf

That's what I be on Mr. Foco...I think at this point I've ridden all the tires they make except for the Jones XR's which aren't out yet...I like the Dry-X's in both the 1.7 and 2.1 sizes and the 2.2 ACX's are ill in the rocks...However, I run the entire Bonty set-up, wheels, strips, valves, super-juice, etc...I'm not 100% sure how the bead will seat in other rims, albeit I know they work on CrossMax's and Stan's rims...

Peace homey, Jim.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I think the Toro might make for a good front tire paired with a Python in the rear, for those looking for a combination of surer handling and the low rolling resistance of the Python.

The Toro tread is pretty much the same as the 26" Bulldog, looks to me.

CrossAddict

Thanks Jim

That's what I be on Mr. Foco...I think at this point I've ridden all the tires they make except for the Jones XR's which aren't out yet...I like the Dry-X's in both the 1.7 and 2.1 sizes and the 2.2 ACX's are ill in the rocks...However, I run the entire Bonty set-up, wheels, strips, valves, super-juice, etc...I'm not 100% sure how the bead will seat in other rims, albeit I know they work on CrossMax's and Stan's rims...

Peace homey, Jim.

I'll try and pick up a pair of dry-x's in 2.1 At the Demo Day the trek guy said to mix 1/2 stans and 1/2 bont. super-juice. He says stans drys out and the super juice keeps a nice coating in the tire. I run the stock tubeless ready rims on my RIG so the whole package should work out sweet. Thanks for the help.

Peace.

-RF:)

walter

Fourth Party
uh...well...i don't have them?
look, i'm still going through my fundamental shift in mtb tire thinking. the ignitors are a HUGE departure from the type of tire i have traditionally run. the big nobby kind. so gimme a break, mmm kay.

Jake, wait till you try pythons or small block 8's

ArmyOfNone

I think the Toro might make for a good front tire paired with a Python in the rear, for those looking for a combination of surer handling and the low rolling resistance of the Python.

The Toro tread is pretty much the same as the 26" Bulldog, looks to me.

I cant wait. thats what i ran on the 26" and it was the way to go for me.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Speaking of Small Block 8's, I have a set of non-tubeless 29x2.1 I'd be willing to donate to someone that wants them...I ride for Bontrager now and can't run them anymore...

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What the hell do you need them for? Why not let someone who actually rides try them out?

Damn I just missed this.

Top Bottom