How Many Pokemon You get Today Bro

gtluke

The Moped
I used to play the precursor to this game, Ingress. Same company made it, Niantic. Formerly owned by google for a brief period. Google spun them off when going Alphabet but has a large portion of the investment money in the Pokemon game. Looks like a good investment.
BUT what I thought was really cool, is that the guy who started Niantic who created the Pokemon game, also founded Keyhole. Early adopters of the internet 2.0 might remember Keyhole for starting the most used app on the face of the planet. Google maps (Google earth).
Awesomely successful guy.
Check out the other spinoff of his ideas. Google Fieldtrip app. Open it up and you can see some cool things around you to explore and learn. Useful in new cities or even your own hometown.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Supposedly it was an oversight and they are going to fix it, but they currently get full access to your Google account.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/07/11/pokemon-go-full-google-account-access/

"Now, an even bigger potential concern has arisen, as systems architect Adam Reeve has discovered that Pokémon Go grants full access to a user's Google account linked during the iOS sign-up process. Players can alternatively link a Pokemon.com account, but the website is currently experiencing issues for many users.

When granted full account access, Pokémon Go developer Niantic is theoretically capable of viewing and modifying nearly all information stored in your Google account, including your Gmail messages, Google Drive documents, Google Maps navigation history, search history, and personal photos stored on Google Photos."

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I used to play the precursor to this game, Ingress. Same company made it, Niantic. Formerly owned by google for a brief period. Google spun them off when going Alphabet but has a large portion of the investment money in the Pokemon game. Looks like a good investment.
BUT what I thought was really cool, is that the guy who started Niantic who created the Pokemon game, also founded Keyhole. Early adopters of the internet 2.0 might remember Keyhole for starting the most used app on the face of the planet. Google maps (Google earth).
Awesomely successful guy.
Check out the other spinoff of his ideas. Google Fieldtrip app. Open it up and you can see some cool things around you to explore and learn. Useful in new cities or even your own hometown.
I am interested in the data side of this and while researching the source of the data points, I thought "I bet Luke knows all about this". Such obscure stuff in there from Ingress but awesome from a whats in your local area perspective. So many random monuments and such.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

This is really just a form of geocaching, which this Pokemon Go sounds an awful lot like. In England they used to call it letterboxing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterboxing_(hobby)

We used the Geocaching app to make a trip to Baltimore much more enjoyable. You'll find stuff you never knew existed. Same deal with the woods but on a different level.

gtluke

The Moped
I am interested in the data side of this and while researching the source of the data points, I thought "I bet Luke knows all about this". Such obscure stuff in there from Ingress but awesome from a whats in your local area perspective. So many random monuments and such.

I think Ingress was sorta a half game half crowdsource point of interest collector. My buddy who plays pokemon says that it's basically all the same locations. It was cool riding around on my road bike collecting the more obscure portals in ingress. It was easy to go to the Morristown green where there were like 30 of them, but since I was a casual, I could keep the portals that were like out in Boonton fairly easy.

ilnadi

great! in addition to the earphone hikers & bikers now they'll be looking at their phones. dangerous from both directions.

mwlikesbikes

Now I gotta deal with these knuckleheads at hartshorne too!
Bad enough dealing with stravassholes, tiny dogs off leash, & the earbud warriors that have Taylor Swift cranked to 11!!!

Mountain Bike Mike

First Pokémon Go siting today in Mercer..

I came ripping through a section, saw two people walking, one person was speed walking with her phone up the trail with the other person in tow. As I approached, I asked if they were looking for Pokémon, the guy looked at me with a disgusted look and said - "Yeah, one of us is" (as he rolled his eyes)

bahahaha... They looked so out of place...

J-Dro

jx4qQ4b.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

Just thinking about this... I hope this doesn't happen but I can definitely see it as possible... Bear attacks because these people are wandering around in the woods with their face in their phones not paying attention and stumble upon a cub and don't have a clue on what to do.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just thinking about this... I hope this doesn't happen but I can definitely see it as possible... Bear attacks because these people are wandering around in the woods with their face in their phones not paying attention and stumble upon a cub and don't have a clue on what to do.
Of all the things, how did you zero in on bear attacks?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think bears can be confused with Pokemon.

More likely scenario: Couple of CIA agents stumbling around on their lunch break get snagged by some KGB hideout in Wawayanda. Sure would suck.

Top Bottom