Bike new york

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Yea Tony,...spring is in the air,...when its not cold,...either way, keep warm.

As for bike NY,...please bring a camera. There were wedding parties biking the route. Strange, but they would stop on the hwy or the V bridge and take wedding photos. The back drop was marvelous and I don't think you could ever get photos like that any other way than to Bike NY.
Acturally I was planning on bring a camera with me. I also have a little video camera with a helmet cam attachment but I don't know if I will bring that.

ebineezer

P1000734.jpg

what a day!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Me and my gang of slackers on the Varrenzanno. Im on the far left.
I thought it was really fun. I think its the fastest I have ever moved across the BQE :D

l_7afe924d4e69bd2f0b2b37577d2513ad.jpg

tonyride

Did any of you guys happen to see some idiot riding with an American flag on his helmet?:p

TonyC

I read in the Metro (Nyc free paper) that there were 41 injuries ranging from knee cuts to two critical injuries at the Queensboro Bridge.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did anyone see the guy dressed as a cheerleader riding a big wheel looking tricycle?

I saw one guy that looked like he was hurt pretty bad on one of the downhills on the BQE. He was laying on the deck with alot of medical personal around him. Another women could not get unclipped while approaching the queensboro and she fell into my rear wheel. Looked painful, but she was ok. Then I saw a guy on the west side highway do a nasty endo. Looked like someone threw a stick in his front wheel. He was ok though, he didnt know what happened.

I wonder what happened on the queenboro? Must have been on the downside, there was so much traffic when I was there, everyone was just walking their bikes up to the top.

ebineezer

^ yeah i saw pretty much everything you mentioned (including the freak on the tricycle) I saw several crashes...at the end of the day there are just way too many people out there who are unaware of their surroundings. I still had a great time regardless!

tonyride

At the first rest stop I saw a unicycle. I don't know if anyone was riding it for the 42 miles of the tour but it would be pretty interesting. A lady did crash for no apparent reason just as I passed her. I didn't even know she fell until a kid pulled up next to me and was laughing. I aske what was so funny and he said some lady just fell for no reason at all. Then my wife pulled up and told me the same thing. She said the lady was perpendicular to the road and then just fell over. It was a downhill section of a bridge or ramp so we were going at around 20+ mph. Oh, I also saw some dude on a fixed gear bike.

By the way, I was the idiot with the American flag on the helmet.:p

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dont know about you guys, but we got there a little late. So we didnt get to the start till like 8 and were wayyyy back in the pack. So we decided to cut over to the west side highway and book up to 42nd street, then cut back in.

What I thought was funny was there was a line to pee on the triborough bridge at astoria park. Since the line for the actual bathrooms was about 100yards long. :D

hooples3

Me and my gang of slackers on the Varrenzanno. Im on the far left.
I thought it was really fun. I think its the fastest I have ever moved across the BQE :D

l_7afe924d4e69bd2f0b2b37577d2513ad.jpg

That is the most amazing spelling I have ever seen for the Verrazzano bridge!!!

Top Bottom