jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 9.05.44 AM.png
So here it is The long awaited revision to one of the most popular XC full suspension bikes ever made. We got the first one in yesterday. They tell me that we are one of only 25 shops in the country to see this early delivery .
This bike took a long time to come out because the needs of an xc racer have been changing so much in the last few years.

Some high points :

Lighter and stiffer as expected
-new offset fork
-dropper post ready
-internal cables
- low,flat mount rear brake
-2 bottle cage mounts (1 on the old)that are easy to use
-asymmetric rear wheel
-27" wheel for size small.
Come check it in person.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/cannondale-scalpel-si-first-ride.html

http://dirtragmag.com/cannondale-introduces-redesigned-2017-scalpel-si/

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think my favorite change is 2 bottle mounts...my 2015 can only hold 1 small bottle:(

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@jdog will there be different models as in previous years or just this one? (team, 1,2,3 etc?)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have obviously known about this for more than a year now....partially because the engineers designing this bike are local racers and they have been showing up at races with it a while now....stewart 45 last year, blue mtn last week, etc..https://www.flickr.com/photos/125351163@N07/26034142434/in/album-72157667003133460/ I like that the engineers have been out beating on it on local trails....rather than in southern California.

I got to try the 2.0 lefty out on the habit(s) and its a big improvement over my old 2012 xlr...thats probably what im looking forward to most.

Pretty nice price drop too!
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/cannondale-scalpel-si-first-ride.html

So the carbon 2 is now 6k In 2012 my carbon 2 was 5600...But It came with sram cranks, elixrs, alloy lefty, arch wheels....Now it comes with carbon lefty, carbon wheels, hollowgrams, x1, actual brakes...Although now shimano brakes are garbage and sram brakes are good...no idea, I use formulas. Way more for your money now.

I like what they did with the pivot, looks like servicing it will be much easier now.
http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/04/29...-another-x-xc-w-lighter-faster-capable-frame/

Cant wait to try one out.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
how much does that thing weigh?
I think they said the large frame is 100 grams lighter...but the lefty 2.0 is heavier then my old XLR by ~100 grams...so its probably about the same not factoring in wheels/components etc. Mine is 21.6 with my valors on it.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Although now shimano brakes are garbage and sram brakes are good...

No one would have ever seen that one coming. These days we warranty Shimano brakes before they even leave the store at least with the old Avids you'd get a few rides in first.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
No one would have ever seen that one coming. These days we warranty Shimano brakes before they even leave the store at least with the old Avids you'd get a few rides in first.

My

My last bike with Shimano brakes is my DH set. I can't stand the tiny levers and the on/off feel. If i rode that bike a bit more I would do guides there too.

This clip says it best:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
srsly? $12,790 for top of the line. w. t. f. i know this is a pump-the-new-toy thread but they have lost their minds in pricing.

THATmanMANNY

what happened? what kind of issues?

I thought Shimano's were the shit a few years ago. I really liked the Saints on my Trek Session FR.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what happened? what kind of issues?

I thought Shimano's were the shit a few years ago. I really liked the Saints on my Trek Session FR.
Just in my garage...mostly mine, a few are norms over the course of the past 3-4 years

2 broken xt shifters
2 broken xtr rear dr
2 broken xt rear dr
1 broken set of xt cranks in which the threaded pedal insert tore out
1 broken xt cassette in which the center hub cracked
1 broken 105 cassette
1 xt rear brake that is pouring oil out of the master
pair of $200 m182 mtb shoes that tore open in ~3months
broken dura ace rear dr
broken dura ace shifter

Shimano has reached full on fisher price status as far as im concerned.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just in my garage...mostly mine, a few are norms over the course of the past 3-4 years

2 broken xt shifters
2 broken xtr rear dr
2 broken xt rear dr
1 broken set of xt cranks in which the threaded pedal insert tore out
1 broken xt cassette in which the center hub cracked
1 broken 105 cassette
1 xt rear brake that is pouring oil out of the master
pair of $200 m182 mtb shoes that tore open in ~3months
broken dura ace rear dr
broken dura ace shifter

Shimano has reached full on fisher price status as far as im concerned.
Errr, maybe the problem isn't shimano?

How does one break a 105 cassette?

Top Bottom