JORBA presents: All Girl Pre-Ride 2008

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Pixy, are you going to think about splitting the ride up into an advanced/beginner ride? My GF thought that splitting the group might have given some of the more advanced riders more ride time. She did have a good time though! Tell Mr. Pixy that my legs hate me today, that boys ride kicked my butt!

F

FallGirl1430

Yesterday was a blast! I need to say thanks to Pixy and NJ Jess, getting pointers from top riders was very helpful and plus putting this together. I never rode at Wayway and now it's one of my fav places! It was nice to see a few of my friends on the ride too. The only problem was the bugs, geez I hate bugs :mad2: I'm planning on doing a easy pace ride this Saturday before the race at 11 am.

Christina ... :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the feedback. We do consider splitting some rides, and I love hearing about girls wanting to get more riding in! FWIW, Next ride on May 10 will be more of a stopping ride, suitable for new riders or those looking to learn skills.

Enjoy your rainy day rest from chassing mr pixy pain! Been there.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
The only problem was the bugs, geez I hate bugs :mad2:
Christina ... :)

The bugs were a tad annoying.
But the ones that really got to me were the ones that clung to my tonsils, wiggling and writhing, causing me to hack, cough, wheeze and wretch.:puke:

Maybe next time I'll try not to breathe so much...

P

pdm362

Thanks for the feedback. We do consider splitting some rides, and I love hearing about girls wanting to get more riding in! FWIW, Next ride on May 10 will be more of a stopping ride, suitable for new riders or those looking to learn skills.

Enjoy your rainy day rest from chassing mr pixy pain! Been there.

I was wondering what you mean by newer riders? My girlfriend just started and is intimidated to ride with a group. She has good spirits when it comes to riding she just hates it when she has to dismount. I know the feeling because I was exactly like that when I started. Any more info about the All Girls rides would be helpful. Thanks

Paul

NJ Jess

You're Welcome

Jess, my girlfriend Alyssa (blue Jamis) wanted me to thank you for the pointers today. And thanks to everyone else for the good ride.

It was Great to have so many women come the the All Girls Pre Ride at Waywayanda. We really do strive to make it as fun and as informative as possible. Yes, this was probably one of the hardest courses in the line up,...but Kittatinny is for everyone. Those trails flow much easier and as the season progresses,...we learn faster. If you are shy about riding trails,..then Kittatinny is the All Girls Pre ride for you. Hope that more Mtbnj'ers come ride the trails with us. So guys, if your S.O. has more than a singlespeed and a helmet, get her to the event. PS. Always bring bug spray, food & hydration pack,....cause there is an 11 year old that is going to beat us up the climb every time.

trailrider

Think I posted this in the wrong spot, so I'll put it up again...Thanks so much Pixychick, NJ Jess, Fall Girl and all the other women who led the pre-ride this past Sunday. It was a really great time and I learned a lot. It was also nice to meet new riders and try out new terrain. Good luck to all the racers this coming Sunday! Hope to see everyone at the Kittatiny pre-ride on the 10th. :) Katie

Top Bottom