We Need One More Bridge Over The Stream

Madness

On the other side of So. Middlebush Rd., the first crossing spot where those couple of rocks are crossing over the stream. I would like to make that suggestion for the next trail build day. I want to help out on that. I am tired of getting soaked every time I cross at that spot when I slip off the slick rock. Don't get me wrong I know you are supposed to get dirty and sometimes even a little wet, but everytime I ride there I have to spend the rest of my ride with my feet in puddles..........:hmmm:

walter

Fourth Party
On the other side of So. Middlebush Rd., the first crossing spot where those couple of rocks are crossing over the stream. I would like to make that suggestion for the next trail build day. I want to help out on that. I am tired of getting soaked every time I cross at that spot when I slip off the slick rock. Don't get me wrong I know you are supposed to get dirty and sometimes even a little wet, but everytime I ride there I have to spend the rest of my ride with my feet in puddles..........:hmmm:

If you stay to the left after the Middlebush crossing, then you will hit the stream on the way back in, then your feet will only be wet from the Middlebush crossing back to 27. Just ride it, do half cranks, whatever.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i found that a tiny bit of speed to get you going then half cranks thru the deep spot and you.re good but if you go balls out you get wet or if you do full strokes you get wet as well...but man a bridge would be awsome...but a real skinny bridge so if you do fuck it u get real wet...or you can half crank along side it in the water while your buddies go for the skinny and get it clean and stay dry

K

Kweads

I agree with madness it does kind of suck when you have to spend the rest of your ride with puddles in your shoes...i was looking at the trail right near that crossing one day and i noticed right before the water it splits into two different what it looks like ways to cross the stream. i was thinking about maybe talking to jay one day to see if we can put a bridge at one of the splits at the next trail day so this way all riders can stay happy. So at least people can have the choice to etheir get wet:D or have the challenge of crossing a bridge and mayb getting soaked :getsome:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I once had a bridge there.. Then it rained. And rained.

The water was over the banks on both sides. Maybe 7 feet deep there. My bridge was gone.

There is some chance that something might happen there one day but not anytime soon.

Keep in mind that we are dealing with a flood plain that sees all the runoff up stream. Unless you have seen i after a flood you could never imagine how much water get pushed through this spot.

It is frustrating for sure. Less so on a 29er though..

warcricket

Like a Jerk
it only sucks during the winter, but then again i don't have the cash for clips and sometimes ride in these which drain well but suck for pedaling:
vibram_five_fingers__discover_the_b.jpg

Madness

i found that a tiny bit of speed to get you going then half cranks thru the deep spot and you.re good but if you go balls out you get wet or if you do full strokes you get wet as well...but man a bridge would be awsome...but a real skinny bridge so if you do fuck it u get real wet...or you can half crank along side it in the water while your buddies go for the skinny and get it clean and stay dry

I tried to cross it yesterday actually on my bike for the first time. I almost made it through the deep section without loosing speed. But then at the last second I skidded out and almost bit it. The only thing I kept thinking is not to go down or I would soak my ipod.......:mad2:

Anyway the next time I get a chance to ride this week I will try to do the half crank method, cause I just went balls out and almost got me completely soaked instead of just wet feet.............

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
is is only bad in the winter time, in July, you will all wish the stream was higher...

Wobbegong

is is only bad in the winter time, in July, you will all wish the stream was higher...

Amen to that! I've jumped in there a few times in the 100 degree heat.:D

We (Jdog and I) talked to the Park folks about a bridge here. This stream is classified as a sensitive area. It would require some serious permits and would have strict build code guidelines. In other words, very expensive. With the current state of our parks budget, it isnt happening anytime soon.

The heat is coming, embrace the water. Plus, there are some really cool looking deep blue color dragon flies that hang out there in the summer. Nature sure is groovy baby, yeahh!!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions