new shoes

VanDbtRiver

i need some advice, sidi dominators vs speci pro carbon vs equivalent shimano, to be used as a race and all around shoe. anyone anyone?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Not familiar with Spec but in terms of comfort, Sidi has it all over Shimano. Both are good shoes though.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i replaced on older pair of Sidi Dominators with a new pair I picked up from Halters. I love the shoe, and the velcro closure system is more comfortable than the older filament ratchet system. However, the sole replacement system is no longer available on the dominators, only on the $300 plus beans shoe (dragon, i think).

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Both my Specialized MTB and road shoes have been amazingly comfortable and durable straight from the box. They get it right with the body geometry. I highly recommend them.

I would, however, suggest you go with the velcro/ratcheting buckle combo and skip or at least seriously evaluate the Boa closure. Though they're redesigned for 2008, on the 2007 shoes I've seen the closure slip in the store and have heard that they can fail during use. :scared: Not something I need to have happen on the road.

walter

Fourth Party
What size shoe are you, I have a pair of almost new Sidis if you're interested before I list them. Almost new as in a 8.5-9 outta 10.

BiknBen

I have skinny feet

If the shoe fits...

I also have small/skinny feet. The Mega size works out great to allow extra layers during colder riding.

I have two pairs of MegaWide Sidis. They allow for extra layers of socks in the Winter. In the summer, I slip a thick replacement insole under the Sidi insole. This takes up a little space and I can wear cooler socks.

Sorry :topic:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
carbon is all about weight and stiffness. they'll help you put more power to the pedals for sure. it's up to you to decide whether or not the price is worth it.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
i need some advice, sidi dominators vs speci pro carbon vs equivalent shimano, to be used as a race and all around shoe. anyone anyone?

I just bought a pair of the Specialized Pro's...Not because I like them best, but because they fit my foot best...Shoes are a hard thing to suggest because everyone's foot is different...Get your foot measured and try on a few different shoes and see which works best for you...And something to note while fitting a shoe, your arch size is what's important!!

-Jim.

VanDbtRiver

i have a high arch, speci comps have been my bread and butter in the past, i feel like i will benefit from a buckle on top rather than 3 velcro straps, so the pros are on the list. i just need to try the right size.

mwlikesbikes

I just got a new pair of Sidi Dominators this year that replaced a pair of 10 year old Dominators. I beat the snot out of the old ones and apart from the funk they've aquired that i couldn't seen to get rid of which is no fault of the shoes i've get no complaints. The new ones have better designed ratchets and velcro.
I rate them 10 out of 10 :D

dirty bert

Banned
i gotta be the shoes...

i have a high arch, speci comps have been my bread and butter in the past, i feel like i will benefit from a buckle on top rather than 3 velcro straps, so the pros are on the list. i just need to try the right size.

i got sidi dominators and i deff would get another pair. i'd even shoot for the sole replacement ones, da dragon. right now my soles are coming apart. i have had these shoes for about 6 years now and i have replaced the insert with specialized foot bed, the strap & buckle.

if i was you, i'd find someone wit yer same size and try them on, maybe even for a ride. i think shoes are another personal preference, just like seats are.

good luck.

Top Bottom