Sunday 4/20 Trail Day!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This Sunday April 20th (4-20) we are hosting our first organized JORBA trail day on the eastern side of the park.

We will be meeting at 9 am at the Jersey Knights soccer field on Rt 27.

The goals for this trail day are a bit different than the last 2 TM days. This trail day will be more about making the best of what is already out there rather than building new stuff. I do have one nice re-route in mind but it is up in the air as of now.

Depending on turnout we may send a group over to the canal road side to tidy up the work that was done over the last 2 months on that side.

We will be both on foot and on bike so either is fine. A few bike trailers will be on hand to carry tools too.

Standard stuff:
-Wear clothing that you don't love
-bring someone who has never been to a trail day and share
-Bring something to drink and eat
-get some good sleep the night before

Sorry for the late notice on this one. (my life has been a bit hectic to say the least!)

Wobbegong

This Sunday April 20th (4-20) we are hosting our first organized JORBA trail day on the eastern side of the park.

We will be meeting at 9 am at the Jersey Knights soccer field on Rt 27.

The goals for this trail day are a bit different than the last 2 TM days. This trail day will be more about making the best of what is already out there rather than building new stuff. I do have one nice re-route in mind but it is up in the air as of now.

Depending on turnout we may send a group over to the canal road side to tidy up the work that was done over the last 2 months on that side.

We will be both on foot and on bike so either is fine. A few bike trailers will be on hand to carry tools too.

Standard stuff:
-Wear clothing that you don't love
-bring someone who has never been to a trail day and share
-Bring something to drink and eat
-get some good sleep the night before

Sorry for the late notice on this one. (my life has been a bit hectic to say the least!)

I'm hoping we see another good turnout. I'd really like to get a crew over to the Canal side to clear small debris and groom a few areas, I'm sure the horse crowd would like to be able to work on the canal side. It would be nice to be able to hit the entire trail system in one day. Spring cleaning at its finest.

Gregg

Two more hands, old back and 1/2 a brain.....

J-Dog,

Count me in for trail work Sunday. See you at 9.

jdog

Shop Keep
We rode tonight and the park is in really good shape.

See you all on Sunday/

j

Wobbegong

Directions are listed below for the Parking area on rt. 27. Look for the Jersey Knights Soccer sign. We hope to see you there! If you have a favorite tool, (a rake, pruner, ect.) feel free to bring it along.

From South Brunswick Area

Take Route #1 North towards the No. Brunswick area. Exit at Cozzens Lane. This is the same exit as Adams Station. The Malouf Car Dealership will be on both sides of the Route 1. Take the exit & cross Route 1. Follow until you hit Cozzens Lane. Turn left onto Cozzens Lane. Follow Cozzens Lane to the End (about 2 miles). It ends at the Route 27 intersection. Turn Left onto Route 27. The fields are less than 1 mile down the road on the right (across from Hidden Lake Drive & just past the Hidden Lake Strip Mall).

From Route #287

Take Route 287 North or South to the New Brunswick/Easton Avenue Exit. Follow signs for New Brunswick. Once on Easton Avenue, follow to the turn off for JFK Blvd. (about 2-3 miles from 287, Macdonald’s will be on the left just before the exit). Follow the ramp to the top of the hill and turn right onto JFK Blvd. Follow JFK to Hamilton Street ( 2-3 Miles). Turn left onto Hamilton. Follow to Veronica Avenue (about 1/4 mile). There is a funeral parlor on the corner. Turn right onto Veronica. Follow Veronica to the Route 27 intersection (about 2 miles). Turn right onto Route 27. Follow Route 27 to the Fields on the right (about 2-3 miles). Look for a large Wawa Store on your left. The fields are a short distance ahead on the right just past Hidden Lake Strip Mall.

From the Edison Area (Route #1)
Take Route #1 South towards North Brunswick. Exit at Cozzens Lane. This exit is a short distance past the New Jersey Transit Railroad Bridge. Once on Cozzens Lane follow towards Franklin Township. Cozzens will end at the Route 27 intersection. Turn left onto Route 27. The fields are less than 1 mile down the road. They are just past the Hidden Lake Strip Mall & across from Hidden Lake Drive.

From Garden State Parkway

From the Parkway North or South exit at Route #1 South. Follow above Directions.

From NJ Turnpike

From the Turnpike North or South take Exit 9 (East Brunswick). Follow signs for Route #18 North. Take Route #18 North a short distance to Route #1 South. Follow Route #1 South directions above.

ellbiddy

I was riding out today and out by the long trail looping around the form where it snakes really close to the road eventually, the guy who runs that farm was tilling his fields and busted a couple u-turns digging up some of the trail there. It wasn't too bad, but he tore it up some.

Wobbegong

I was riding out today and out by the long trail looping around the form where it snakes really close to the road eventually, the guy who runs that farm was tilling his fields and busted a couple u-turns digging up some of the trail there. It wasn't too bad, but he tore it up some.

"It's okay. My dad is a TV repairman. He has this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." :D:D:D

We'll check it out tomorrow. See you then.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
dirty bert no way can i make it just got in i had to pick up bar tending shifts at my friends bar..the Wiskey Tango in fords next to Vintage Vinal im bushed...

jdog

Shop Keep
Great Day!!!

Great fun today!

2 new sections on the 27 side that both avoid muddy spots.

20 people made for a more manageable group.

Thanks to everyone who made it!

J-

Wobbegong

A big thank you to the following people:

Alex Kochetov
Marta Kozlowska
J.C. Klena
Frank Harms
Jim Dewan
Adam Nawrot
Ben Tufford
Emily Tufford
Mary Nelson
Chris Flecknoe
Trip Whitman
Gregg Berth
Melisa O'Riely
Tony P.
Todd
Jim
Bob
And the two J's

We had 19 people put in 85.5 hours of work on the trails (someone signed the list twice.....Jdog??). Great Job! Frank and I rode afterwards, tht new sections flow nicely. Thanks again for the hard work.

BiknBen

Emily and I had fun as usual.

Jdog takes a BOB full of tools into the woods.
CIMG3932.jpg

Frank and BOB are also ready to go.
CIMG3935.jpg

Emily gave the McCloud a break and has a little snack.
CIMG3936.jpg

At one point, Em and I got left behind by those on their bikes. We started walking over but got tired. We found some spots that needed attention and made our way back to the car. Emily was the flag gatherer on the way back. She kept herself entertained. :rolleyes:
CIMG3945.jpg

jdog

Shop Keep
Many new berms and even a hip.

Thanks to Frank for being my hero.

j

ellbiddy

I was out today at around 6:30 am and it looks really nice I got stuck in CT for an extra few hours and only got back at 5 pm sunday :(. The 27 side is so much cleaner and smoother now, hats off to you guys, really regret not being able to make it. There's a wooden drop off sitting around the entrance to the trails, still haven't sorted out where to put it? Would be pretty cool over by the spot where there's just a plank descent, right before you cross the power lines and hit that little jump.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions