What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

teabagger11

on sunday after riding we cracked open a growler of CMB city-to-shore DIPA, the general consensus was that it is as close to heady as we've ever had, good stuff indeed, don't know how long it will be on tap, sorry no pics

UnionRider475

12113291_10207998590711836_3840385123937335978_o.jpg
Just got done putting in a hot-water heater for my next-door-neighbor . I told him no cash but I'd take some beer . Here's what he got me a bunch of . Not a huge fan of pumpkin beers but this one is GOOD ! HAPPY HALLOWEEN !
12080395_10207998571431354_9210540186132336329_o.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had a Ten Fidy the other night, I'm glad its stout season. That beer is amazing.
Hit the hop shop tonight and stocked up on some dark brews. Included some Ten Fidy because it is great, but at $3 less a 4-pack, I'm digging the AndyJ and Founders Breakfast stouts.
Funny, 2 years ago you couldn't find Founders, now it's readily available and one of the cheaper 4-packs.

Tonight it was Carton El Dorado
photo_zpssfdxxwkj.jpg

Sorry Mitch, they make good beer.
A solid Rye-PA.

The Kalmyk

Hit the hop shop tonight and stocked up on some dark brews. Included some Ten Fidy because it is great, but at $3 less a 4-pack, I'm digging the AndyJ and Founders Breakfast stouts.
Funny, 2 years ago you couldn't find Founders, now it's readily available and one of the cheaper 4-packs.

Tonight it was Carton El Dorado
photo_zpssfdxxwkj.jpg

Sorry Mitch, they make good beer.
A solid Rye-PA.

The glass and growler are beast!!!

I'm surprised Founders was hard to find at some point. Maybe they r making a comeback on the shelves cause rewinding back 6-7 years they were readily available.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The glass and growler are beast!!!

I'm surprised Founders was hard to find at some point. Maybe they r making a comeback on the shelves cause rewinding back 6-7 years they were readily available.
Yeah, I was talking with a Founders rep at a beer dinner a few years back when it was hard to find,
said they were going to ramp up production.
I always wonder what availability does to a beer's perceived desirability.
Would Heady be so popular if they bumped production and shipped out of state?

And yeah, I like my barware. My wife does not.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I always wonder what availability does to a beer's perceived desirability.
Would Heady be so popular if they bumped production and shipped out of state?

It would seem that in todays social media world that percieved desirability is huge. When someone gets a hold of a Heady you know damn sure there is going to be a pic on FB to document it. If it were 1982 we would be buying Michelob or Heineken when we wanted a top shelf beer. Back then we didn't have the internet to tell us what beer we needed to buy, just the televsion and radio advertisements supplied the hype.

I think Founders is a good role model. They make beers that are readily available but also have KSB for snob/hype appeal.
The Alchemist has a good thing going as well. They stay small, produce top notch IPA and remain extremely successful.

Top Bottom