Meet at the Marina parking lot @ 9am

November 15 -

December 20 -

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I was waiting for this, there is definitely some work to be done. I'll try to make the 22nd. Do you have an itinerary for the day?

BiknBen

Apparently SMART is back in business? I received this last week from Mick. Apparently, waivers need to be turned in before you can participate. I have the waiver and can forward it on to anyone who is interested. Just PM me with an email address.

Mick@SMART said:
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:13 AM
To: SMART
Subject: Park Work Waiver

Group,

I have been told by the MCPC that the waiver needs to be on record (in there hands) before
you can perform any work in the park.

I would very much appreciate it if you could take the time to fill it out and mail it to me

SMART
PO box 673
Princeton Junction
New Jersey 08550

Best Regards,

Mick

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
SMART is indeed back in business. I just put the form up on google docs.
Let me know how it prints, I am just getting to know googlicious documentation

The Kalmyk

I go here when i squeeze in a ride after work because of its proximity and the one thing that stands out about the trails is the loose debris build up...

BiknBen

Next time I'm gonna keep my mouth shut. It seems like each time I provide an update here, things change.

Mick@SMART said:
Date: Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:50 am
Subject:
To: SMART

> Group,
>
> Due to a technical issue with the waivers
> I will have to cancel the March trail maintenance date.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mick Tormey

743power

Shop Keep
I go here when i squeeze in a ride after work because of its proximity and the one thing that stands out about the trails is the loose debris build up...

hm, I never really saw that as a problem. The main problem at mercer, IMO, is exposed roots. There's also alot of 3-6" diameter fallen trees that are across trails at an angle, which can be interesting when you're lazy and dont feel like hopping over them.

The roots are getting bad though. Since the fall, I've seen the trails that run behind the tennis area, from the marina to the edinburg road entrance, I think they are the red trails, get so eroded that I don't even ride them anymore.

BiknBen

The roots are getting bad though. Since the fall, I've seen the trails that run behind the tennis area, from the marina to the edinburg road entrance, I think they are the red trails, get so eroded that I don't even ride them anymore.

Those trails are the worst in the park. I haven't bothered to ride that portion in years. I'll go from the Marina to the Tennis Center. Then I take the MUT over the bridge near the East Picnic Area. Then hop back onto the trails.

The Kalmyk

hm, I never really saw that as a problem. The main problem at mercer, IMO, is exposed roots.

I agree with the root issue there....I just think to get the current trails caught up to speed the debris is order number one.....The root issue is due to the lack of re-routing trails, the age of the trails, and the proximity to the Assumpink Reservior run off lake (which is Mercer lake)....Again first order of business is to free trails of debris and then tackle the root issue

743power

Shop Keep
Those trails are the worst in the park. I haven't bothered to ride that portion in years. I'll go from the Marina to the Tennis Center. Then I take the MUT over the bridge near the East Picnic Area. Then hop back onto the trails.

ditto

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions