Splitrock Road conditions?

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Splitrock Road is going to be icy and the dam is also closed so you can't get through unless you cross the stream below. Charlottesburg Rd should have some ORV tracks and passable but with some very long ice sections. Make sure your shoes are studded !

With about 12" of base now, unless someone has broken trail with skis or snowshoes, the trails in wildcat will be real hard to ride. I went for a snowshoe the other night and packed down the Meridan and last section of the Beach Glen. Some foot traffic on the Righter Mine so should be passable but not without some struggle and once again lots of ice.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Trails real good, puddles all dried up, dam is still closed and so crossing from green to yellow is dependent on river level.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trails are all good. Dam still closed....
Re-route on blue by stream under damn takes you over new bridge. Its almost rideable.

GSS

The is no fence blocking the west side of the damn so maybe they are finishing up soon. Were you going down the almost rideable blue reroute? That's steep to go up the lower section.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anybody know what the parking regulations are for the boat launch lot at Split Rock? I know you can't park anywhere on the road, but how late are you allowed to park in the lot? Does it close at dusk like everywhere else, and do they ticket? The NY/NJ trail conference page didn't specifically mention it, and I didn't think to look for signs when I was there yesterday. Thanks!

mattfish11

Anybody know what the parking regulations are for the boat launch lot at Split Rock? I know you can't park anywhere on the road, but how late are you allowed to park in the lot? Does it close at dusk like everywhere else, and do they ticket? The NY/NJ trail conference page didn't specifically mention it, and I didn't think to look for signs when I was there yesterday. Thanks!
FYI - you can park there 24/7/365. I like to night fish that place and we go all night long.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions