Highbridge Hustle & Flow Team Relay Race April 26th!

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
NYC Premiere of New Collective Film "Seasons"

Highbridge Hustle and Flow Team Relay Race
Date: Saturday, April 26th, 8 am
Location: Highbridge Park at the corner of Harlem River Drive and Dyckman
Presented by NYCMTB. Sponsored by Diablo Freeride Park (and more to come)

The Highbridge Hustle and Flow race is where lycra and body armor meet!

Imagine a team-relay race that pairs the baddest XC/'Cross/Road climbers with the quickest young pump trackers and the sickest DH pinners and Super-D trail bombers. Set them out, time-trial-style against the clock in an all-out sprint race through the woods of Upper Manhattan. The XC'er climbs through snaking singletrack, the youth hauls through the pump track, the DH'er blasts back down a berm- and drop-infested freeride trail, an XC/'Cross/Road rider sprints up an absurdly steep paved path at full bore, then the Super-D'er rips back down a technical XC trail that makes grown men cry. Tough? Yes. Fast? You bet. Fun? Of course. It's the first-ever Highbridge Hustle & Flow!

30 teams of 5 riders will test their mettle on the Highbridge Park trails for their chance to sit in the hot seat and claim victory in a race unlike any in the Northeast. For those of extraordinary skill and fitness who think they can hack it all, a limited number of solo entries are also available (please contact Jamie Bogner to arrange for solo entry). Great prizes from sponsors await, but this race isn't about medals or trinkets, it's about guts, glory... and survival.

Download a pdf map of the course here:
http://www.nycmtb.com/highbridge/highbridge-hustle-race-map.pdf

Race schedule:

8-10 am. Registration and practice.
10 am. Racer meeting.
10:30-noon. Seeding runs.
1pm. Racer meeting
1:30-3pm. Finals.

Cash and merchandise prizes for the top 3 teams and individuals will be presented later in the evening at the NYC premiere of The Collective's new movie "Seasons," at the Knitting Factory (free tickets for the top 3 teams, and the top three individuals, too!). More information is here:

http://www.knittingfactory.com/show.php?event_id=114029

There will be a dirt jump/pump track clinic at 10 am for under-18 youth led by Tom Oakes of Trailmasters Touring ( http://www.trailmasterstouring.com ). All teams are welcome to bring their own under-18 youth member for the pump track leg of the race, but teams without a youth member will be paired with a youth from the morning clinic for their afternoon final race run.

Entry fee is $60 (a mere $15 per adult team member):

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=6211

Come kick off the season with a fun race that's unlike anything you've ever raced before!

Announcing the NYC Premiere of The Collective's "Seasons" mtb film at Knitting Factory

Presented by NYCMTB
Sponsored by Toga Bike Shop, Gotham Bikes, Specialized, Bontrager and Diablo Freeride Park.

Date: April 26
Doors at 6:30, movie at 7 pm
Tickets- $15
All Ages

"Seasons," the much anticipated new mountain bike film from The Collective, follows in the footsteps of their previous breakout hits "The Collective" and "Roam" with a compelling mix of stunning visuals, cutting edge riding, and soulful storytelling. "Seasons" follows seven of mountain biking's top stars, including World Cup champ Steve Peat, freeride legend Darren Berrecloth, dirt jump superstar Cam McCaul, and big mountain pinner Thomas Vanderham, over the course of their year as they train, ride and compete at the top level of the sport. No film makers in mountain biking have captured the energy and spirit of biking like The Collective have in their unique 16mm films, and "Seasons" promises more action, style, and inspiration that is sure to make you want to hop on your bike and ride.
This premiere is presented by NYCMTB, and all proceeds from ticket sales support trail building projects in NYC. Every ticket includes a chance to win great door prizes, including a Specialized P1 dirt jump bike, a Bontrager wheelset, a season pass to Diablo Freeride Park, and plenty of other great swag. Free valet bike parking is available from 6:30 until 9:30 at Gotham Bikes, 3 blocks from Knitting Factory on West Broadway between Duane and Reade streets.

Advance tickets are available from Ticketweb or by sms text from the Knitting Factory website:

Last edited:

dirty bert

Banned
Go!

Announcing the NYC Premiere of The Collective's "Seasons" mtb film at Knitting Factory

Presented by NYCMTB
Sponsored by Toga Bike Shop, Gotham Bikes, Specialized and Diablo Freeride Park.

Date: April 26
Doors at 6:30, movie at 7 pm
Tickets- $15
All Ages

"Seasons," the much anticipated new mountain bike film from The Collective, follows in the footsteps of their previous breakout hits "The Collective" and "Roam" with a compelling mix of stunning visuals, cutting edge riding, and soulful storytelling. "Seasons" follows seven of mountain biking's top stars, including World Cup champ Steve Peat, freeride legend Darren Berrecloth, dirt jump superstar Cam McCaul, and big mountain pinner Thomas Vanderham, over the course of their year as they train, ride and compete at the top level of the sport. No film makers in mountain biking have captured the energy and spirit of biking like The Collective have in their unique 16mm films, and "Seasons" promises more action, style, and inspiration that is sure to make you want to hop on your bike and ride.
This premiere is presented by NYCMTB, and all proceeds from ticket sales support trail building projects in NYC. Every ticket includes a chance to win great door prizes, including a Specialized P1 dirt jump bike and a season pass to Diablo Freeride Park. Free valet bike parking is available from 6:30 until 9:30 at Gotham Bikes, 3 blocks from Knitting Factory on West Broadway between Duane and Reade streets.

Advance tickets are available from Ticketweb or by sms text from the Knitting Factory website:

i wanna go, anyone interested?

D

DANSPANK

I'm planning on going - just need to check something this week

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
Highbridge Hustle and Flow Team Relay Race
Date: Saturday, April 26th, 8 am
Location: Highbridge Park at the corner of Harlem River Drive and Dyckman
Presented by NYCMTB. Sponsored by Diablo Freeride Park (and more to come)

The Highbridge Hustle and Flow race is where lycra and body armor meet!

Imagine a team-relay race that pairs the baddest XC/'Cross/Road climbers with the quickest young pump trackers and the sickest DH pinners and Super-D trail bombers. Set them out, time-trial-style against the clock in an all-out sprint race through the woods of Upper Manhattan. The XC'er climbs through snaking singletrack, the youth hauls through the pump track, the DH'er blasts back down a berm- and drop-infested freeride trail, an XC/'Cross/Road rider sprints up an absurdly steep paved path at full bore, then the Super-D'er rips back down a technical XC trail that makes grown men cry. Tough? Yes. Fast? You bet. Fun? Of course. It's the first-ever Highbridge Hustle & Flow!

30 teams of 5 riders will test their mettle on the Highbridge Park trails for their chance to sit in the hot seat and claim victory in a race unlike any in the Northeast. For those of extraordinary skill and fitness who think they can hack it all, a limited number of solo entries are also available (please contact Jamie Bogner to arrange for solo entry). Great prizes from sponsors await, but this race isn't about medals or trinkets, it's about guts, glory... and survival.

Download a pdf map of the course here:
http://www.nycmtb.com/highbridge/highbridge-hustle-race-map.pdf

Race schedule:

8-10 am. Registration and practice.
10 am. Racer meeting.
10:30-noon. Seeding runs.
1pm. Racer meeting
1:30-3pm. Finals.

Cash and merchandise prizes for the top 3 teams and individuals will be presented later in the evening at the NYC premiere of The Collective's new movie "Seasons," at the Knitting Factory (free tickets for the top 3 teams, and the top three individuals, too!). More information is here:

There will be a dirt jump/pump track clinic at 10 am for under-18 youth led by Tom Oakes of Trailmasters Touring ( http://www.trailmasterstouring.com ). All teams are welcome to bring their own under-18 youth member for the pump track leg of the race, but teams without a youth member will be paired with a youth from the morning clinic for their afternoon final race run.

Entry fee is $60 (a mere $15 per adult team member) and pre-registration is mandatory. Register on Bikereg:

http://www.BikeReg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=6211

Come kick off the season with a fun race that's unlike anything you've ever raced before!

Last edited:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
for the dj/pump track clinic do i need a dj bike or could i rock my crappy department store mountain bike and not get the stink eye?

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
for the dj/pump track clinic do i need a dj bike or could i rock my crappy department store mountain bike and not get the stink eye?

Bring what you've got. The clinic is geared to under-18 kids and we expect plenty of neighborhood kids from around Highbridge, so it'll hardly be a bike snob thing...

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
how would the under-18 pump track figure into the lap of a rider doing it solo?

Solo is solo- no under 18 team member.

You're a prime candidate for solo, Sean. I'd love to see you try it on the 29er SS. You can huck that thing, right? ;)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i just need to hear back from one person, but i think i'll be up for it. i certainly do enjoy hucking my ss. i dunno about a 10ft drop though... is it a long downhill landing?

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
i just need to hear back from one person, but i think i'll be up for it. i certainly do enjoy hucking my ss. i dunno about a 10ft drop though... is it a long downhill landing?

There are slower roll-arounds for the drops, although they're still tech and steep. The top 5 footer is tougher than the bottom 10 footer, due to the rocky transition up top and nice and smooth transition below. The lower one can be rolled straight down, too, but it's really steep.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
ok, i'm in.

do you know where there's a photo of the 10ft drop anywhere? i searched quite a bit and couldn't find one. i found pics of the 5 and 3 footer, and both look well within my range.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i just ordered a hite-rite seat post adjuster. going old school and simple. i think i'm gonna do it rigid too.:getsome:

Top Bottom