Mtbr

Shaggz

A strong 7
Disclaimer: I am sick.

For all of the sh*theads who bashed MTBNJ on MTBR:
There seems to have been a problem with the Mtbr.com Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Most of the forums are fine, but a couple won't load.

I just don't get the forum vs forum thing. I post in both and check pinkbike, ridemonkey and the dirtrag forums all the time. The more the better I say.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i frequent MTBR on a daily basis. i think it is a good source of information. for me it is not a forum vs. forum thing. i do not think they adequately address the needs of the NJ MTB community, and we fill that niche over here. my point is that even they are not insulated from technical issues.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
i frequent MTBR on a daily basis. i think it is a good source of information. for me it is not a forum vs. forum thing. i do not think they adequately address the needs of the NJ MTB community, and we fill that niche over here. my point is that even they are not insulated from technical issues.

If I had to put money down, I'd say one of the ex-F88 members is going postal.

It always seemed really cool that Dave Turner, Rob Roskopp, Todd Seplavy and the other dudes that run the bike companies actually chime in, but it creates a weird atmosphere too. Post something about how the recommended sag of a MKIII is way off on the IH forum and Dave Weagle is likely to point out your error himself. In this case Ibex has had some serious issues with one of their bikes, people are less than polite in describing it, and things quickly got out of hand, but I think that's bound to happen in an environment like that.

Shaggz

A strong 7
that place is a shark tank. those folks are relentless, and you are correct, they are not too polite about what they say on any given topic. jack from ibex was ill prepared when he tried to go toe to toe with them. i think the comment was made that it was like going to a gun fight armed with a knife.

but going back to the comments thrown at keefe the other day, that is not the tone we want to keep on this board. i think it is obvious by the growth in the community, that for the most part, we are doing things right over here.

guava

Big news on MTBR!

Funny that you guys are talking about mtbr! I was comming over here to make an anouncement, and deliver an invitation. Some of you may have heard there was a dustup between F88 (politics forum) and Jack ass from IBex. The long version of this story will be mad available shortly. The short version is that F88 as it was known no longer exsists. The forum is still there, but the regulars that populated and created the community within have left. We have ceceded from the union, and started our own forum. There are a lot of smart funny, and genuinely good people over there that wanted to continue as a community, exchanging ideas, talking bikes, and occasionally trying to change the world a little. I am here to invite you over to
http://f88me.com/ Please come by and check us out. Yes we play a little rough, but you can handle it, right?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Funny that you guys are talking about mtbr! I was comming over here to make an anouncement, and deliver an invitation. Some of you may have heard there was a dustup between F88 (politics forum) and Jack ass from IBex. The long version of this story will be mad available shortly. The short version is that F88 as it was known no longer exsists. The forum is still there, but the regulars that populated and created the community within have left. We have ceceded from the union, and started our own forum. There are a lot of smart funny, and genuinely good people over there that wanted to continue as a community, exchanging ideas, talking bikes, and occasionally trying to change the world a little. I am here to invite you over to
http://f88me.com/ Please come by and check us out. Yes we play a little rough, but you can handle it, right?

I got an email yesterday from TVC15 to come over and play. I'm in.

guava

Ha! I should have expected to run into you here. I didn't know you were an imba rep. Btw, Hi Jess! It's Jeremy (campmor)

walter

Fourth Party

I guess I will have to change my avatar over there as well.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I guess I will have to change my avatar over there as well.

walter, bring a thick skin brother.

p.s. I used my original f- you avatar from mtbr there... i use my tame one here because you all are family and such :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom