Post your pre ride/race meal recipe

VanDbtRiver

Had to share this one. "Biker omelet"
2-3 brown eggs
3-10 strips of boarshead bacon(pre cooked)
2 tbsp goat cheese
handfull of baby bella shrooms
5-10 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
cook ingred into omlet, goes nice with some hearty seeded bread, fresh oj, cup of coffee, drop a deuce, pack a lipper of copenhagen and ride to the finish line.....or have a heart attack. :drooling:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Dude, you eat all that?
And you don't loose it on the first hill?

Me
2 eggs over light
24- 32 oz water
a fist full of vitamins

Zoom!!!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
huge bowl of oatmeal with either honey or strawberry preserves and sometimes with granola and/or wheat germ added after cooking.two big glasses of water. occasionally some snacks en route.

lou_b_83

4 scrambled egg whites
2 pieces of pork roll
1 piece of cheese
all on what ever I am in the mood for.
1 small coffee
2 sport leg pills

Its lite but fills the gap in the belly

Spartacus

I do as I always do during the day.

Coffee in the morning

Normal lunch consisting of McDonalds or wendys

then a normal dinner

Pending my ride hrs................my schedule meals..............that is my pre ride meal.

If I am doing an epic ride its still the same and If I am racing 2 days before I carb load and then the night before have a decent meal (usually more Mcdonalds)

Too much emphasis is put on eating before rides..............just ride........sheeeeesh !

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I eat zero and just go straight to the camelback w/ a 50% diluted HEED mix.Every mouthful i eat before a ride takes about 3 miles off my range IME. This is why racing and late starts suck for me cause i'm usually starving but can't have anything if i want to have any fun.I used to eat before but have been doing this for a year at least and its been a major improvement in my performance.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Somewhat i guess. It seems i wake up with everything i need in storage and just need HEED or Accelerade to get me thru the day.If I'm forced into someone elses pace for too long i do sometimes eat a gumdrop or pop a gel to stay movin.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
I do as I always do during the day.

Coffee in the morning

Normal lunch consisting of McDonalds or wendys

then a normal dinner

Pending my ride hrs................my schedule meals..............that is my pre ride meal.

If I am doing an epic ride its still the same and If I am racing 2 days before I carb load and then the night before have a decent meal (usually more Mcdonalds)

Too much emphasis is put on eating before rides..............just ride........sheeeeesh !
:puke:
eww
eww...

Spartacus

Damn...............todays peanut brittle lunch was great..................mmmm........mmmmm..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Eating healthy is over rated

go to vision and PM lo..........ask here about my diet and my performance and if I ate proper.

Now I need to get me some chocolate milk

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Damn...............todays peanut brittle lunch was great..................mmmm........mmmmm..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Eating healthy is over rated

go to vision and PM lo..........ask here about my diet and my performance and if I ate proper.

Now I need to get me some chocolate milk

what? :confused:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i could be wrong on this, but i think there is a general misconception regarding carb loading. from what i've read, carb loading involves increasing carb intake untill several days before a ride/race, then cutting carbs out for a few days. then, night before the race, reintroduce them. the idea is that your body will be starved for carbs, and having a big, carb heavy meal will somehow make it better for you come time to perform. it isn't just continueing your regular diet then eating a bunch of pasta the night before, as far as i know. like i said though, i could be wrong.

Spartacus

i could be wrong on this, but i think there is a general misconception regarding carb loading. from what i've read, carb loading involves increasing carb intake untill several days before a ride/race, then cutting carbs out for a few days. then, night before the race, reintroduce them. the idea is that your body will be starved for carbs, and having a big, carb heavy meal will somehow make it better for you come time to perform. it isn't just continueing your regular diet then eating a bunch of pasta the night before, as far as i know. like i said though, i could be wrong.

Unless the theory has been modified since. I always loaded 2 days before a big event..............never the night before. From what I understand it actually takes 2 days for the carbs to completely saturate your system. This will aslo leave you less of a filled/bloated feeling the day of the event.

You are not wrong

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The classical carb loading routine is brutally painful. Nobody in their right mind would go that far to do well in a race unless you're a little nuts. Sean is right that a big meal the day before isn't carb loading.

There is a modified version that has you ride lightly the day before a race, but do 5-10 minutes of very high effort. Then the rest of the day you eat 90% of your calories from carbs. This is apparently supposed to work almost as well as the painful version and you don't need to struggle to eat nothing but carbs for 3 days.

The problem a lot of people have is that if you do this right, you can gain up to 4-5 pounds of weight before a race. For every gram of carb you store, you also store 3 grams of water. Many don't like the bloated feeling you get when it works.

NJ Jess

3 day prior

I increase my water intake along with pasta and pototoes. Try to get to bed earlier. Increase my multimineral to 2 times per day. On race day, I eat at least 3 hours prior to the race. Usually oatmeal with raisins & walnuts, a lot of cinnamon, some honey & nectar. I also consume 2 soft boiled eggs. 1 hour prior to the race I have an apple or applesauce with cinnamon depending on the temperature. At the start line I have one Gu or honey. During the race I try to drink every ten minutes some of my accelerade. It all works for me.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
BEER:= lots of water, pleanty of carbs.
stop drinking heavly 18 hours prior to event to sober up a bit & reduce the chance of puking at the mid point of the event.
Hookers:= up the testestrone levels but again no more than 18 hours prior.or you will be fast asleep before they even leave the trailer.
pork rinds:= great energy during the event
Pickled eggs (no less than 2years old):= this is more tactics, the odor that is emitted after eating just 3 of these will keep people so far back they will never catch, just drop a bomb at the start line but be careful to not fill your shorts.

So....what time and what day is the high point ride again?????

Top Bottom