US Open Registration opens Friday

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Registration opens Friday for the May 23-25 US Open at Diablo. So.... anyone else want to pull a Cru Jones and take the world by storm?

dhsean

Rad

Because there's thunder in your heart, every move is like lightning...

Anyone else know the lyrics?
Let's keep it going. :rofl:

J-Dro

The 1980s were a strange time. Remembered mostly for big hair, bad clothes and some of the cheesiest music man has ever produced, there is one gem of '80s culture that has fallen by the wayside in the 21st century. With audiences demanding more realism and grit in their action movies, it seems there's no room anymore for a hot montage with a really bitchin' song that makes you yearn to get out there and show the world that you're all about two things: kickin' ass and takin' names.

Pioneers like Stan Bush, John Farnham and Kenny Loggins were masters of taking pure adrenaline, filtering it through an electric guitar, and extracting an unknown byproduct that somehow caused testicles to increase in size by at least four times. If you're upset with the state of cinema in this day and age, you need look no further for the reason than the lack of sick sports/training montages featuring mind-blowing rock with lyrics about winning, fighting, and generally being 100% man. 'Thunder In Your Heart' reigns supreme amongst these oft-missed relics of film history.

Thunder in Your Heart" by John Farnham (from Rad)

John Farnham makes his first stop on the countdown with the tune that accompanied the final showdown between "Cru" Jones and the unstoppable Bart Taylor (played by real-life BMX winner and fantastic male specimen Bart Conner.) As Cru tries to overcome a disheartening, early-race crash, badass Bart decides to pull a "tortoise/hare" move and waits for his rival to catch up. If he'd known that Farnham's insanely rocking beats were coursing through Cru's veins he would have just taken his victory and gone home. Instead, Cru makes that final push, proving that "every move is like lightning." And in the end, his triumph allows him to experience "the power you feel when you get your taste of the glory." Seriously, you can't make these lyrics up unless you were born a pure winner.

Rad.jpg

dhsean

Found the lyrics!

I'm going to have my friends blast this on course during my qualifying run.

You're taking a chance, risking it all
For the thrill of the moment
Taking a stand, you ain't gonna fall
You've always known it

They're dying to shake you,
Trying their best to break you
And though the going is rough, you're going home as a hero

'Cause there's thunder in your heart
Every move is like a lightning
It's the power you feel when you get your taste of the glory
There's a fire gonna start
And you know they're going under
You can light the dark when they hear your heart of thunder.

Cry of the wind, spirit of fire
The heart of a lion
Taking control, burning desire
Your flame never dying

Don't lose that feeling
Don't ever stop believing
There's one more moment of truth and you're gonna face it

Every move is like a lightning
It's the power you feel when you get your taste of the glory
There's a fire gonna start
and you know they're going under
you can light the dark when they hear your heart of thunder.

When they hear your heart of thunder.

You can light the dark when they hear your heart of thunder.

There is thunder in your heart
You can light the dark when they hear your heart of thunder

odiazmtb

Bart's girlfriend is Smoking........... I love that movie. I still remember going to the bike shop as a kid and buying a chrome mongoose for the first time.

Top Bottom