Bikes for Freshman

Glancing Aft

I just came across this, http://thegoat.backcountry.com/blog/2008/03/04/wisconsin-college-gives-incoming-freshman-free-bike-if-they-leave-the-car-at-home/
A small college is giving bikes to all their incoming freshmen. It seems like an awesome concept and I hope it spreads. The LBS must be loving this, with all the repairs that will be coming their way.

Now if I was going into college next year I'd have a really hard time picking between that school and the one that's giving free iPhones to freshman.

supermike

I love the idea that they're encouraging bike use, but nobody is "giving" anything to anyone. Someone is paying for the bikes (and the Iphones), and it's probably the students (or their parents as the case may be).

anrothar

entirely thrilled
I love the idea that they're encouraging bike use, but nobody is "giving" anything to anyone. Someone is paying for the bikes (and the Iphones), and it's probably the students (or their parents as the case may be).

i think you missed the part about the bikes being payed for through a 60K grant the university recieved.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high
Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

I can go anywhere!
Friends to know and ways to grow - Reading Rainbow.

I can be anything!
Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow!

Top Bottom