Wireless PowerTap for MTB!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Check this thing out...

349.jpg

I've been riding one on the road for some time now and it's awesome!! If I had the loot to do 2, this would be a great gadget!! I always wonder when I'm riding in the woods what my power file would look like afterwards, so when I train on the road during the week, I can better prepare for the woods on the weekend... :hmmm:

http://www.cycleops.com/p-349-powertap-sl-24-disc-brake-hub.aspx

Cool beans...Now I have something to save up for...

-Jim.

Is that a standard disc or a custom one for that hub. Slow monday at work today. I shouldn't even be looking at stuff like this.

My friend who is a coach has a power tap on both road and mountain. She showed me her graphs for each with a summary. The graphs for her best road time trials were amazing how she kept absolutely straight lines for HR, watts and mph. The mountain bike race graphs looked like a pile of pick up sticks. She did not think the mountain tap offered her any useful information, but I suppose if one rides on less technical terrain it may be different.

It can still be very useful on the MTB, but you need to use a different view of the power outputs. With quadrant analysis you can get a good idea where you spend a lot of your pedaling time in terms of power and cadence and train there.

is the flux capacitor extra?

Not that i have an idea as to what any of the numbers mean, just outta curiosity i really would like to train w/ one of these for a while.

I am in the process of building up a new wireless one for my road bike, after I do, the one I currently run will be up for sale as a wheelset...

And Fred, the Flux Capacitor is build directly into the hubshell, at 55mph you instantly poof into Mario Cipollini, the sexiest man in the peleton!!

-Jim.

is the flux capacitor extra?

Not that i have an idea as to what any of the numbers mean, just outta curiosity i really would like to train w/ one of these for a while.

I'm with you Fred. I'm still holding out for the % of crashing meter.

I am in the process of building up a new wireless one for my road bike, after I do, the one I currently run will be up for sale as a wheelset...

And Fred, the Flux Capacitor is build directly into the hubshell, at 55mph you instantly poof into Mario Cipollini, the sexiest man in the peleton!!

-Jim.

I hope someone drops a money bag somewhere so i can get those!

I'm with you Fred. I'm still holding out for the % of crashing meter.

Oh! They so need to add that. I could post my rides and my stats would be:
Wheels Down: 3% Wheels up: Just quit while your ahead.

-Jim.

You should ask Chuck E about our meeting with Maro Cipollini in vegas. It was super funny.

J

Back
Top Bottom