24 Hours of Allamuchy, 2008

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Well, registration for the 2008 24-Hours of Allamuchy race is officially open (www.24hoursofallamuchy.com). So who's doing it and in what category? If I can figure out how to beat the leg cramping thing then I may race again. If not then I'll just provide support.

Last edited:

dualfisted

I'm really excited about the idea of doing a 24 Hour race, however, I haven't been placed on a team yet, and don't know whether I'm going to be available on those days yet. I'll know around April 27th-ish. Then, I'll either be looking for a team (and a damn good lighting system), or considering destroying myself with a solo shot. That's my scoop. TJ

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
dunno yet....I gotta play it by ear and see how things work out with our 2nd kid who should be here in a couple of months.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Could possibly be coerced. Haven't been there since 2000. I'm likely more concerned with having fun at this than going for the gold.

ArmyOfNone

Could possibly be coerced. Haven't been there since 2000. I'm likely more concerned with having fun at this than going for the gold.

So im gonna b there and you will have a new bike. How much more fun can it be! Lets do it! Be on my team!

robertg

I am going to be doing it for the first time this year. Lawndart and some others are on our team. Hopefully, I will be in better shape by then, but either way, it should be a lot of fun.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So im gonna b there and you will have a new bike. How much more fun can it be! Lets do it! Be on my team!

We should definitely discuss the team aspect here. But I'm in ChrisG's camp. Having gone for the gold and not come remotely close in the past. I'd prefer to have fun and not come remotely close.

xc62701

I'm not sure where I'm gonna fall on this thread. I've done it the past 2 years and would like to do it again but I want to get the experience this time. I'm really putting my effort into the Shenandoah 100 which is the week after so I don't want to do solo again. I'd like to go and be on a 4 or 5 man team and just enjoy the experience. I may just go to support and take a couple laps too. Although I know if I just go to support, this will be the dry year...

tonyride

Although I know if I just go to support, this will be the dry year...
No such luck. Last year I didn't race but provided support thinking the weather gods are just against me but that wasn't the case. It rained just as much and fierce last year than it ever did.

Glancing Aft

As I've said in previous posts I'm in the same boat as Ryan in that I'm looking to do Shenandoah 100. If I do end up doing 24 HOA I think I'll probably do a laid back two person mixed team with my GF. Watch out for Team Whine.

C.Puncher

Dudes..........this joint is nothing but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Even with the weather................Come one come all..............

D

DANSPANK

I'm just waiting on the date on my mate's wedding back home, if it's not this weekend then I'd be in for a really light-hearted team. I've not done a 24-hour event before, nor ridden at night. So some lucky team could take two of my virgin qualities if interested.

J-Dro

I have a slightly different angle on this. If your goal is just to have fun and enjoy the experience, I say go solo. That way you can ride with whoever you want, whenever you want. Take a lap with some friends? Sure, why not. The only pressure is what you put on yourself. If you are on a team, you might not see your team-mates much during the race since they're out riding while you're resting. Just something to consider.

If you want to seriously compete for the podium, then join a team.

tonyride

I have a slightly different angle on this. If your goal is just to have fun and enjoy the experience, I say go solo. That way you can ride with whoever you want, whenever you want. Take a lap with some friends? Sure, why not. The only pressure is what you put on yourself. If you are on a team, you might not see your team-mates much during the race since they're out riding while you're resting. Just something to consider.

If you want to seriously compete for the podium, then join a team.
That is why we've been racing solo for the last few years. A bunch of us who are in no danger of winning can all ride together at our own pace and take as many breaks in between laps as we want. It's like a big group ride for 24 hours.

Top Bottom