Anyone have trail conditions at either Tourne or LM?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe Jake said LM was sloppy yesterday. It's already 34 here so it's going to go to crap fast. I would pass on LM.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
weather underground says it's still only 31 degrees in green township. allamuchy should be somewhat ridable.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was at KVSP yesterday and it was rough going. i decided to go there b/c it's further north than LM and hoped that the conditions would be better. they weren't. if you didn't get there at 7:00, forget it and hit the road.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Don't waste your time at Allamuchy. It's full of heavy snow and ice. (At least on the Tranquility side).

Here's an alternative to full road riding, or as I like to call it, almost mountain biking -- take your single speed or regular mountain bike and ride the length of Waterloo Valley Road. The road runs from the Trade Zone in Mount Olive, alongside Stephen's SP and goes almost to Hackettstown. It is a hillly crappy road full of potholes, snow & ice. No cars really use it. You can crank out about 7 miles of "not quite" road riding or "almost mountain biking". Hey, it beats the trainer!

BAIN

thanks,

gonna head to tourne, at least I can get some climbing in with the roads, will let you know.

gonna try to hit up LM tomorrow around 430

BAIN

All in all it was pretty rideable, I hit up about half of the park. It took me just as long to do that, because of granny gearing it most of the time, but it was worth it to get on the new bike.

I must be the only idiot out there, there were no signs of any bikes anywhere!

TourneWinter.jpg

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
All in all it was pretty rideable, I hit up about half of the park. It took me just as long to do that, because of granny gearing it most of the time, but it was worth it to get on the new bike.

I must be the only idiot out there, there were no signs of any bikes anywhere!

I did the road bike thing today. That was pretty cool and it scratched the bike itch today.

Top Bottom