What's with these banner ads?!?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
It took me a little while to get my bearings when one of those "YOU'VE WON A PRIZE! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR PRIZE!" banners appeared on this site (in fact, it's at the top of the page as I type this, beeping away moronically). And a makeup ad?!?

I understand that the site needs revenue, I'm just a little surprised to see this stuff here. No biggy at the end of the day.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It took me a little while to get my bearings when one of those "YOU'VE WON A PRIZE! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR PRIZE!" banners appeared on this site (in fact, it's at the top of the page as I type this, beeping away moronically). And a makeup ad?!?

I understand that the site needs revenue, I'm just a little surprised to see this stuff here. No biggy at the end of the day.

Everyone knows that no amount of makeup will fix you..

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really? I don't see that stuff. Is it embedded in the page or a popup? We certainly didn't sign on for that stuff.

ChrisG

Really? I don't see that stuff. Is it embedded in the page or a popup? We certainly didn't sign on for that stuff.
Taking the place of the usual banner ads at the top of the page. There have been three different ads.

I was wondering if it was some sort of interweb piracy or whatnot.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's really strange. I hit refresh about 50 times and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Are you still seeing it tonight?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
All I see is a white patch where the banners reside.....I have grown pretty fond of it really. :D

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's really strange. I hit refresh about 50 times and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

I did the same & nothing. Chris what are u drinking or how much have you had?

ChrisG

no site issues chris. try running a spyware remover on your PC.
Yeah, it's pretty clearly spyware. The variety of the ads has increased. Eye makeup, online gaming, free PC, etc., etc.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was gone all day and just saw this and figured i should chime in.

since i mostly control the advertising on the site i can tell you with 100% certainty that the ads you are seeing are NOT ours. i did not sell them nor would i ever approve them. everything that you will ever see on the site, in terms of advertising, will be cycling and NJ centric. we're happy (and lucky enough) to have such a great community here and the last thing we want to do is bombard you with crap. this is a cycling site, and hopefully an informative one. we aim to keep it that way.

if anyone in the community has any questions about the direction the site will take from an advertising perspective feel free to PM me.

jake

ChrisG

since i mostly control the advertising on the site i can tell you with 100% certainty that the ads you are seeing are NOT ours. i did not sell them nor would i ever approve them. everything that you will ever see on the site, in terms of advertising, will be cycling and NJ centric. we're happy (and lucky enough) to have such a great community here and the last thing we want to do is bombard you with crap. this is a cycling site, and hopefully an informative one. we aim to keep it that way.

jake
I eventually figured out that this was the case. Our computer has been pretty screwed up as of late and it would appear that some bugs got in.

Being a little slow on the computer thing, my first response was to say "WTF?!?", but it didn't take me too long to see what was really going on.

I've gotta say, these jerkoffs been pretty neat about replacing the intended ads with the BS ones. Quite annoying. I have to get my "IT manager" aka Mrs. ChrisG, to sort it out.

Top Bottom