Trail Conditions - Please Read this Thread

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
can't we all just get along?

I see no evidence of not getting along. Just questions, answers, and opinions. I may not agree with the decision, but I am not upset with the decision and wont lose any sleep over it. Its all good. Personally I would ride an hour to ride clayton, but not mercer. Clayton is fun. Mercer is boring.

bucknejo

Not that my 2 cents are actually worth 2 cents but would it be possible to add a 5th column on the grid that shows the date/timestamp of the latest rating? This column could show how fresh/stale a park's observed conditions would be.

I'm a software developer and would gladly help with any of the code.

Apologies if this idea has been already been brought up before, shot down, and buried in an unmarked 6 foot ditch.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's not hard to do, probably take me 10 minutes. Just not sure if we want to. I don't think there is a strong case for/against it. I would make the case against it as such:

-1. This is a prelude number, thus it is called 0. Wait, let me make it -1 to prelude the prelude
0. Caveat: Frank convinced me that anything older than 48 hours is worthless. So 48 is the same as 448
1. I prefer the cleanest look possible
2. If there is 1 review, it means the latest is older than 48 hours.

So instead of a date it's more of a binary flag. 1 review means old. More than 1 means it has been updated.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like the idea of a "last updated" column. The 48 hour rulemay not be clear to someone just casually looking.

Kaleidopete

Trail conditions displays funny, must be my monitor, huh? I tried other settings in control panel, display settings and the problem remains.

MannyL358

@Norm @soundz Nice work gentlemen! Is there a url link I can use to direct people interested in the trail conditions? It would be win for the trails and more traffic for the forum.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It is being discussed but @Norm has not replied to my 5 paragraph overly technical document yet.

Real work got me yesterday & today. Actually that and yet another MTBNJ project that will hit the streets either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hear Ramapo is almost awesome. Probably gonna hit it tomorrow. Not in listed parks though. Is it part of Ringwood or it's own thing?

MannyL358

I hear Ramapo is almost awesome. Probably gonna hit it tomorrow. Not in listed parks though. Is it part of Ringwood or it's own thing?

Ramapo can be considered part of Ringwood. They have the same terrain and literally butt each other. If conditions suck at RW you can bet they’ll suck at Ramapo.

Top Bottom