My hard tail is complete ....

F

FallGirl1430

My HT race bike is complete :D
This was suppose to be a simple cheap buget bike, yea ok, sure :mad2: Tommy had bought the frame, raced it a few times, than since the bike shop carried Giant's he bought his XTC. Over the winter the Gary Fisher frame was laying in his basement ready for the dumpster. He said, "let's build it up for you", he had a few parts laying around. I had to buy some components, here's an overview of the bike ...

Frame: 07' Gary Fisher Tassajara (Black, red and yellow flames)
Forks: 06' Rock Shox Sid Carbon World Cup (ebay)
Shifters/Brakes: 08' Shimano XT Rapid fire 9spd shifters, 08' Avid 7's canti brakes
Bars: Race Face Next Carbon low rise bars (used, from Bike Depot shop owner)
Saddle: Specialized Phenom SL 143, Bontrager Seat post (gift)
Drivetrain: 06' XTR 960 cranks and BB (ebay) 07' XT rear derail, 07' XT front derail, Sram X0 red body cassette, New Sram chain (gift)
Sneakers: Ignitor 2.10" rear, Ignitor 1.95 front, DT Swiss rims, LX hubs (gift)
Little stuff: Red Salsa seat post clamp, Red Salsa skewers, Specialized carbon *look* bottle cage
Weight: 22.8 lbs
Cost to date: $825.00
I know you guys want pictures, I had ask Norm how do I load them and he said there's trouble uploading right now, I'll get them up ASAP

Christina ...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Fast bike! You're in real weight weenie land here. Question: Why would you spec a larger tire on the back? I'd swap those. Also depending on what DT rims you have (4.1 I would think) you could probably drop a bit more weight in your wheelset (The LX rear hub is probably 100 grams more than a Hope or similar). Of course that's $$.

Tubeless? There's more weight to come off. Pedals? Ritchey makes some light SPD compatible ones.

F

FallGirl1430

Fast bike! You're in real weight weenie land here. Question: Why would you spec a larger tire on the back? I'd swap those. Also depending on what DT rims you have (4.1 I would think) you could probably drop a bit more weight in your wheelset (The LX rear hub is probably 100 grams more than a Hope or similar). Of course that's $$.

Tubeless? There's more weight to come off. Pedals? Ritchey makes some light SPD compatible ones.

Hi Justin,
Hey thanks for reading my post, yes you are correct I could drop even more weight but, it would be to costly for me right now being without a job and all. My main race bike is an Epic Marathon, full XTR (like I really need all that) she weighs about 24.9, I've spent loads on her. As for the larger tire in the back, I was told that a 2.10 would give me better traction on climbs. Last year I had Ignitor 1.95's front and back and she seemed to have good traction and very low rolling resistance, what do I know! Pedals ... I have 2 pair of shoes (Sidi Dragons SRS and Diadora Team Racer) and both are set up with XTR cleats so this is why I bought XT pedals for the Fisher.
Have a wonderful day,
Christina ... :)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
click the link. click "create your account" if you have a yahoo account, sign in with it, or click "sign up". then sign up. it's a website where you can upload lot's of photos and then post them willy nilly all over the internet. all the photos i post are hosted on my flickr account. and it's not anything to do with stupidity or blondeness, it's just something you're not familiar with yet. ;)

F

FallGirl1430

click the link. click "create your account" if you have a yahoo account, sign in with it, or click "sign up". then sign up. it's a website where you can upload lot's of photos and then post them willy nilly all over the internet. all the photos i post are hosted on my flickr account. and it's not anything to do with stupidity or blondeness, it's just something you're not familiar with yet. ;)

Wow Thanks Anrothar! after reading your post the first thing that came to my mind is .... huh? How do I upload a picture? everytime I try to it tells me
"Failed to upload". No worries, I'll keep trying
Fallgirl ... :)

Top Bottom