2008 TM & event dates

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please mark your calendar for some early TM dates at Somerset County Parks along with 2 events at Washington Valley Park.

Trail Maintenance/SCPC events dates for 2008:

•March 30 (Sunday) @ Washington Valley Park
Start time: 10:00 am (Weather Permitting)

•April 13 (Sunday) @ Washington Valley Park
Start time: 10:00 am

•Mountain Bicycle Clinic @ Washington Valley Park
Saturday, April 19: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/mtBike_clinic.pdf

•May 18 (Sunday) @ Sourland Mountain Preserve
Start time: 9:00 am

•National Trails Day @ Washington Valley Park
Saturday, June 7: Start time: 9:00 am

Flyer link:
http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/volunteerParkPatrol.pdf

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kirt,

Thanks for posting. You have a conflict on March 30th with Allaire, as with May 18th. Not sure if you can avoid that but it's something to consider.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kirt,

Thanks for posting. You have a conflict on March 30th with Allaire, as with May 18th. Not sure if you can avoid that but it's something to consider.

We have very little control of the dates. The Park Rangers set the dates based on their schedules. We'll just have to offer bagels, lox & coffee to try & steal some people from the Allaire crowd. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's too sandy at Allaire.

I'm in for March 30th. My wife and child will be halfway across the world. So I have no excuses. If I show up hungover with hookers in tow, keep it on the down low, ok?

Frank

Sasquatch
I think there are enough mtb'ers in NJ to crowd BOTH tm sessions...what ya think Kirt??

ps. I added your dates to the list Kirt...keep me updated when you get more.

walter

Fourth Party
well, if there is going to be bagels and potentially some hookers, I know where I'm going!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, if there is going to be bagels and potentially some hookers, I know where I'm going!!

Well at least we'll have 3 people, and maybe 4-5 good arms right now.

Kirt - any word on what we'll be doing on that first date?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i'll have to play the first CR TM by ear... but i should be able to do some later ones - i hope to get to the sourlands TM. i owe that place some dig time between all the climbing and riding time.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I may be up for TM at Washington Valley and CR as they're close to where I live. I've done TM at Deer Park and it was fun.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in for March 30th. My wife and child will be halfway across the world. So I have no excuses. If I show up hungover with hookers in tow, keep it on the down low, ok?

Hope you can make it & make sure the hookers bring gloves & boots.

I added your stuff to the Calendar Kirt.

Thanks.

Hope to catch up with you 1 day Walter. Riding would be better.

Kirt - any word on what we'll be doing on that first date?

We are going to do a walk though within the next month to see how much damage was done & come up with a game plan after that. More than likely it will be some repairs to heavier damaged spots. I'll post up after we figure it out.

I am down for Somerset TM, screw the sand! (For the bagels of course)

Frank is a lot bigger than me, so make sure it's ok 1st. :D

Come to the Sourlands TM day in May... Unlimited free rocks to transport back to Allaire.:D

Stop trying to steal my volunteers.

Dave & Tony, hope you guys can make it. We have some big plans for WVP this year & we'll need all the help we can get.

Frank

Sasquatch

Thanks.

We are going to do a walk though within the next month to see how much damage was done & come up with a game plan after that. More than likely it will be some repairs to heavier damaged spots. I'll post up after we figure it out.

Dave & Tony, hope you guys can make it. We have some big plans for WVP this year & we'll need all the help we can get.

Great post !! :rofl:

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy

Thanks.

Do we need to bring tools? If so then what would you recommend? The last TM I did the organizer, Bob W, provided all the tools.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We Supply All The Tools. We Just Need Some More Bodies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions