Ride to Work?

NickDavid

The only way for you to cross the river is via ferry from hoboken or the GWB. Either way, that's going to be a major pain in the ass. Then you have to cross Manhattan, on a bicycle (during rush hour).

Definitely possible (like mine), just probably not worth it.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Hey Ken, thanks, but that 1&9 truck route is a death trap. I think I'm stuck driving. I really wish I could hit calm side roads. I'd ride to work every day.

Yeah getting over that area is rediculous. Take the path to Newark then ride?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

It would be an interesting option. I don't know if you can take a bike on the Path during rush hour though. I know you can't take it on the NJTransit train during rush hour.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
It would be an interesting option. I don't know if you can take a bike on the Path during rush hour though. I know you can't take it on the NJTransit train during rush hour.

yeah they gave me a hard time @ NJ Transit the 1 time I tried :mad:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Almost anyone can make a bike commute work. It's just a matter of how creative you are willing to get. When I get some free time, I'll see if I can help some of you guys out.

Also, some of us sweat so profusely that if you don't have a shower at work, it's not going to happen. We *may* have one here, I don't know if it works. It's in a "public" restroom outside the cafeteria. And getting a bike in the door here might be tough, with the metal detectors and turnstiles. But then I could probably just chain it up right outside. Normally a no-no but given the building has armed guards out front, it should be safe, though you never know.

But then, the only way I can get into NYC is the GWB when I come in. That's not terribly practical. I suppose I could leave the house early enough to beat rush hour and hit the Path, then leave work early enough to do the same. I'm thinking out loud at this point.

Cool link Nick. I think I might need to hop over to Staten Island on the Verrazano then back to NJ in the Bayonne Bridge.

BiknBen

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've considered riding to a train station, but how secure is a bike at a train station these days? And the closer I get to Newark, the less safe it would presumably get.

BiknBen

yeah they gave me a hard time @ NJ Transit the 1 time I tried :mad:

NJ Transit Bike Rules

The solution:
_original

BiknBen

I've considered riding to a train station, but how secure is a bike at a train station these days? And the closer I get to Newark, the less safe it would presumably get.

I wouldn't lock up my SystemSix at a train station. I would build a $100 beater and make it happen though. Like I said it is all about how creative you want to get.

I buddy of mine periodically rides from Lambertville to Monmouth Jnct (about 1hr bike ride). Then takes the train the rest of the way to NYC.

Top Bottom