Trail Conditions?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is anything going to be ridable this weekend? I mean other than the pavement.

F

FallGirl1430

Trail Conditions ...

Is anything going to be ridable this weekend? I mean other than the pavement.

Stewart Airport on Sunday 12 pmish at the Dec lot (Christina is making a snarly,mad face) BE THERE :)

Fallgirl ...

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Wharton - Definately
Allaire, Clayton - Most likely good by tomorrow, hopefully people give it today to dry up some
Hartshorn - Likely same as Allaire/Clay
Others - Spring? :D

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i'm working up in newburgh, ny this week, and there is still lots of snow/ice in the woods up here... i'm assuming earlier morning rides in the northern areas of NJ to southern NY will have some good frozen/icy/hardpack snow conditions while its still cold from the night before.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think a lot of the trails that people rode when the snow was first coming down will suck. Those CR tire tracks will be ice gullies now.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Since Saturday is supposed to be around 32 for a high and then colder Sat night, some stuff should be good on Sunday morning.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I think a lot of the trails that people rode when the snow was first coming down will suck. Those CR tire tracks will be ice gullies now.

does anyone know if lewis morris got traffic in the snow as well?

i wanted to try to stay local on sunday morning and get out in the early morning hours while its still in the 20's and somewhat frozen... i'll take my chances with icy-ish conditions, but water ice is no good... its like hitting a rut when you are skiing - not fun.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'd say Allaire and Hartshorne/Huber will be frozen solid Saturday & Sunday mornings.

I hear ATUG is setting up valet parking at Allaire.:D

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
does anyone know if lewis morris got traffic in the snow as well?

i wanted to try to stay local on sunday morning and get out in the early morning hours while its still in the 20's and somewhat frozen... i'll take my chances with icy-ish conditions, but water ice is no good... its like hitting a rut when you are skiing - not fun.

Sourlands? If you go early I would be in.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will there be snow on the trails or did you guys not get as much down in the tropics?

In my yard there's about 1/2 packed into a frozen mass. That described what CR and LM is probably like. Over the next 2 days that should melt some, but I don't think it will be entirely snow/ice free, especially on the north-facing trails.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Will there be snow on the trails or did you guys not get as much down in the tropics?

In my yard there's about 1/2 packed into a frozen mass. That described what CR and LM is probably like. Over the next 2 days that should melt some, but I don't think it will be entirely snow/ice free, especially on the north-facing trails.

Most of the snow in central was melted from the rain. Sourlands should be ok...

i am always game for the sourlands - sunday cool? is 7:30 am alright or too early?

I would even prefer earlier...I ride as early as possible without starting with lights, between 6:30 and 6:45 on a clear day...

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I would even prefer earlier...I ride as early as possible without starting with lights, between 6:30 and 6:45 on a clear day...

i think i could do a 6:45 ride... my bike is in a storage unit, lemme double check when it opens up - i'll just have to see when i can get it out of the unit...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
provided that nobody mucked up the trails by riding slush in the middle of the day, am rides with the studs could be the bees knees.

i may go up and check out KVSP today if i have time. doubtful though.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I just got got back from eastern LI, and there is NO snow east of the Hudson.

Need trail info: Bike Hampton in Sag Harbor #(631) 725-7329

Last edited:
Top Bottom