Return to Ringwood

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I have been back in NJ for a few years now and for some reason whenever I head north it isn’t to ride Ringwood. I finally had the opportunity today. Thanks to Mrs. & Mr. Pixy for the tour, that place is completely awesome.

Here is my story in lame pics and commentary:

Northbound!

Tour guide in sight, and what is that big hump on the horizon? You northeners have weird landscapes.

I got deja vu upon entering the park....

I realized that I had ridden here ages ago. Check out the zaskar and manitou! I also remembered getting really lost on that trip.

After the first little climb. I was happy that I didnt throw up my lungs. Thought to myself that maybe all of those Allaire miles are paying off. I looked over at Ellen and realized she was breathing normally. Scratch Allaire thought.

Before the snow

Mr & Mrs Pixy....awesome tour guides and even better riders!

Last edited:

NJ Jess

So true

After the first little climb. I was happy that I didnt throw up my lungs. Thought to myself that maybe all of those Allaire miles are paying off. I looked over at Ellen and realized she was breathing normally. Scratch Allaire thought.---Ken

What a true statement. I don't think either of them breathe when they ride up hill! Ellen just floats up the hill,...I'm sure of it. Awesome guides for Ringwood!

KenS

JORBA.ORG
The most photographed rock in Ringwood?

Legendary! ;)

Rare sight!

Almost back to the lot

Guide the flatlander to a highway, asap! (I was probably the dood doing 25 in front of sean today) I saw a truck fishtail and slide off the road 3 mins after this shot was taken.

Reality Check, welcome back to New Jersey

Overall a very rewarding "day off" ride. I drove a bit longer than I would have liked, but the ride was spectacular. The ride home was rediculous. Saw no less than 4 people drive off the parkway into the bushes. Saw entirely too many people in a rush to go nowhere.

I had a perma smile the entire ride, traffic be damned.

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
really great photos! looks like art is really testing that new product of his to it's fullest. or was he demonstrating some crazy upper body training moves? :D

KenS

JORBA.ORG
really great photos! looks like art is really testing that new product of his to it's fullest. or was he demonstrating some crazy upper body training moves? :D

I think he was testing out his new hardware and getting some extra upper body work in while waiting for me to catch up :D

I want to try that tree when it's dry for sure, looks awesome. You guys have such amazing terrain up there.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Glad to see you made it home ok, Ken. It was a good time and we hope to get you back up there in some better conditions.

As for mr pixy; "mr is, as mr pixy does.":rolleyes:

Top Bottom