Another GPS ride

NJ Jess

I went to Trumbull CT for the weekend after the Campmor H2H awards dinner. It's much colder in CT and the trails are frozen which made them fast. Some of the frozen ruts put you in bad lines, but it was a great balance/coordination ride. Speeding over ice and then breaking through sucked, but the one time I made it, I felt like evil kenevil. It was a way cold start, but then it warmed up a bit. I love my Lake winter shoes. At one point I had to stop and take them off! My feet were burning up! Lakes and chem toe warmers = Extreme heat! I did climb more hills than I normally due. When it's frozen it's a lot easier. My lower back can definitely tell it was well worth the drive. Gotta love their Downhills!
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=4835151

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes, climbing on frozen ground makes me feel like a hero too. Fun stuff, and it sounds like those Lake shoes are a worthy purchase. I may get some myself, as my feet froze on Sundays ride. I think we've passed the halfway point of winter! So, keep those gps coming, and spring will be here before we know it! ....:)

NJ Jess

Great shoes

I will say the Lake's are the best. But remember, buy the size that is bigger than you normally wear. My summer mtb shoes are 41 and these lakes are 43! I can fit my smartwool socks and a chem warmer in them and still wiggle my toes.

chxracer

gps

hey Jess
I really am thinking about getting one of those gps gadgets, can you recommend one, where to look for one and about how much the average one goes for?

NJ Jess

Awesome product

hey Jess
I really am thinking about getting one of those gps gadgets, can you recommend one, where to look for one and about how much the average one goes for?

Hey there! Great to see you at the awards dinner too! As for gps gadgets. I haven't tried any, but the Garmin Edge 305. It's wonderful to see where you went, how fast, the cadence and Heart rate (which I haven't actually done yet), but its awesome. The graphs at the Garmin website where you can download really gets you going. The Googe Earth feature lets you see the trail as if you were flying a hang glider over the site. I hope to put more effort into mine so I can use it as a training log of sorts. And I also want to help map lesser know trails. Ask Darkhorse cycles George what he thinks. Hope to ride with you when I get up that way. Hey, congrads on the H2H series,...up to Sport!!!

mcw

Hi chxracer, Have you ever get a GPS gadget. I am thinking about getting one too, so I just wanna know how good is it.

Thank you,
MC

walter

Fourth Party
The majority of us folks here with GPS are using either the Garmin Edge 205 or the Garmin Edge 305. They both have basically the same features, with the 305 having a built in HRM and a few more bells and whistles. Search around, they can found with some good rebates(if still going on).

Mail order would be your best bet, check with a fellow named Geoman here and on mtbr. Other spots are good but I believe he is a direct Garmin distributor.

Top Bottom