Lost dog spotted last two weekends...

Rich_W

I posted this in the last thread - but decided to give it its own thread as well.

- - - - - - - -

Hi -- this is my first time post. I train out at 6 mile quite a bit these days. The last two weekends my GF and I came across a lost dog that might be what you guys are talking about.

Last weekend I came around corner on the red trail (approx 1/4 mile east of the concrete bridge) and found a older Shar Pei breed black female. About 40-ish lbs. The dog is blind with a large noticeable cataract on the right eye.

She has a flea collar on her. When I came upon her she was curled up in a little ball right on the trail. She didn't budge until I tried to pet her. That's why I'm convinced she's blind.

I called South Brunswick PD and they said animal control would call me back - and nothing ever happened. Every time I got with 10 feet of her, she moved 10 feet away and literally stumbled into the woods. After not knowing what to do and afraid to drive her further into the brush off the trail, I went about my ride.

I will be out training today when temps warm up today a bit for 4-5 laps of the park and will be carrying a lead with me in case I come across her again. I ride in an Elliston Coaching kit (Black and Blue) on a Scott Hardtail.

Please keep an eye out for her, or let me know if you see her.

Attachments

• lost_black_dog_6mile.jpg
    lost_black_dog_6mile.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

olegbabich

Thank you for trying to help.

This actually belongs in I hate thread-

I hate people who abandon old, blind animals in the woods.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rich_W

Well no sign of the dog... Hopefully she was found.

Six Mile conditions on the other hand are nothing short of perfect. 4.5 hours of carving tasty dusty lines yesterday.

By far the most entertaining single track circuit in NJ. Hats off to all the great peeps who maintain the place!

wonderturtle

I posted this in the last thread - but decided to give it its own thread as well.

- - - - - - - -

Hi -- this is my first time post. I train out at 6 mile quite a bit these days. The last two weekends my GF and I came across a lost dog that might be what you guys are talking about.

Last weekend I came around corner on the red trail (approx 1/4 mile east of the concrete bridge) and found a older Shar Pei breed black female. About 40-ish lbs. The dog is blind with a large noticeable cataract on the right eye.

She has a flea collar on her. When I came upon her she was curled up in a little ball right on the trail. She didn't budge until I tried to pet her. That's why I'm convinced she's blind.

I called South Brunswick PD and they said animal control would call me back - and nothing ever happened. Every time I got with 10 feet of her, she moved 10 feet away and literally stumbled into the woods. After not knowing what to do and afraid to drive her further into the brush off the trail, I went about my ride.

I will be out training today when temps warm up today a bit for 4-5 laps of the park and will be carrying a lead with me in case I come across her again. I ride in an Elliston Coaching kit (Black and Blue) on a Scott Hardtail.

Please keep an eye out for her, or let me know if you see her.

Call the FRANKLIN animal control. 6mr is not in south Brunswick but in franklin. probably why they didn't call you back.

In the mean time, I will email this thread to the franklin twp animal control. But if you see it again...here is the contact info..... http://www.franklintwpnj.org/dept_animal_control1.html

Last edited:

Edjersey

I warned everyone coming that way that there's a blind dog, tried to lure the dog but it keeps going around in circle. I came back with a rope to try to bring her to So. Middlebush. no luck, but now I always carry a rope. hope that dog is safe.

Rich_W

I warned everyone coming that way that there's a blind dog, tried to lure the dog but it keeps going around in circle. I came back with a rope to try to bring her to So. Middlebush. no luck, but now I always carry a rope. hope that dog is safe.

When did you last see the dog??

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions