Kona "Dawg"

J

JD!

Anyone have any feed back about this bike for a beginner??

Thanks

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Anyone have any feed back about this bike for a beginner??

Thanks

The Dawg is a good trail/all-mountain bike. The base level model is a little heavy but so are most $1500 5" travel bikes. A friend of mine rode one for a year or two. He liked it though felt the biked bobbed a little when getting out of the saddle, which is true for a lot of bikes.

And it's a Kona which is cool in my book. Good choice I say.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Is you want to spend alittle more, $1800, take a look at the Giant Trance X2. Awesome spec for the price including a fox fork and shox. Is most likely lighter than the Dawg and probably pedals better too. Halters has large (20") right now that I was eyeing up and they are having a sale this weekend too which would bring the price to just above the dawg!

hooples3

Is you want to spend alittle more, $1800, take a look at the Giant Trance X2. Awesome spec for the price including a fox fork and shox. Is most likely lighter than the Dawg and probably pedals better too. Halters has large (20") right now that I was eyeing up and they are having a sale this weekend too which would bring the price to just above the dawg!

i was about to say the same.. Ive been really impressed with the trance and trance X

You could get the trance 2 for less money and it would be a better, lighter xc bike...the trance x gives you a little more travel

J

JD!

I will most def look into it. Is this time of year the best time to buy?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I will most def look into it. Is this time of year the best time to buy?

it's a good time for '06 and '07 leftovers. you could probably find 15% off pretty easily. The Trane X is new for 08 though so I doubt you'll find much of a discount, though check the Giant thread on MTBR since I've seen some people claim to get a few hundred off theirs.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
You can get 15% off on an in-stock bike this weekend at Halters! '08 Trance X2 is waitng for you!

I got an '05 trance3 from Performance at the end of '05 season for $1100, which was orginally $1800. That was a fluke though, because they were discounting Giant. You can get some good deals though. Again, check at Halters, he has leftovers too!

hooples3

I work part time for my LBS. unfortunately we dont have an older Trances left so I can get you any deals on them. But we are doing the Trance 2 for $1000
and the trance x2 for about $1700
you are more than welcome to PM me if you have any questions

Top Bottom