SS Mary goes on a NAMBLA diet

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
As soon as my work area heats up, she's gettin leaned down. I hope to loss a pound or 2. Will post upgrades and weights later.

Begining weight: 28lbs:hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

walter

Fourth Party
FFT, my Mary went on a bit of a diet this past September.

Upgrades included:
King HS
Easton carbon bars and seat post
Thomson stem (R.I.P. Mr. Thomson)
Pace Carbon fork
and within the next few weeks, it will get XT cranks

Pretty much the only stock thing is the wheelset and saddle. However I am contemplating a Fox fork over the wheelset. As it sits right now, with ArmyofFred and Danspank as witness, it is 26 lbs. Still a bit portly for some, my guess is because of the steel frame. Nonetheless, I still love her.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll have to put mine on the scale at the shop and see where it lands, but she's a bit porky as well. then again, so am i so whatever.

i think you'd be better served with the fork walt. as much as i love the feel of the rigid, i think i really wouldn't mind the squish up front. but, before that happens, the old girl is gettin' some new hoops.

walter

Fourth Party
I was just in halters and saw one of the crossmax 29 wheels, pretty damn sweet.

My other bike is in there, don't be sneaking any test rides:getsome:

Yep, I think the fork will be a better spend for me right now.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If this happens, please lease take pics. Would they qualify for the "boo boo" thread?

I'm entertained by the title of this thread in light of the equal pay thread.

walter

Fourth Party
He's going to pork your bike? Boy this is getting weird.

Rusty Griswold: [Rusty still watching the couple] ... Dad, I think he's gonna pork her.
Clark Griswold: He's not gonna pork her, Russ.
Rusty Griswold: I think he's gonna.
Clark Griswold: He may pork her, finish your breakfast.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Rusty Griswold: [Rusty still watching the couple] ... Dad, I think he's gonna pork her.
Clark Griswold: He's not gonna pork her, Russ.
Rusty Griswold: I think he's gonna.
Clark Griswold: He may pork her, finish your breakfast.

sickos!! :rofl:

All this talk about weight makes me want to weigh my bike, I guess all bike shops should have scales:confused: But I should probably start by shaving weight myself and then the bike.

walter

Fourth Party
sickos!! :rofl:

All this talk about weight makes me want to weigh my bike, I guess all bike shops should have scales:confused: But I should probably start by shaving weight myself and then the bike.

Honestly, if Fred hadn't set up the scale himself, I would of have never thought to weigh it.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Saved a pound on the fork so far, gotta run to lbs for a star nut!!:D I might have to give a little weight back with my choice of pedals.:(

TonyC

i'll have to put mine on the scale at the shop and see where it lands, but she's a bit porky as well. then again, so am i so whatever.

i think you'd be better served with the fork walt. as much as i love the feel of the rigid, i think i really wouldn't mind the squish up front. but, before that happens, the old girl is gettin' some new hoops.

Jake,
what hoops are you looking at?

TonyC

Ha, you can't wait....just order anything already you should be out there riding.:D

easy does it.. You are becoming my pusher :)
With all the rims on the market my head is spinning.

Decisions:
Salsa,Stans,Mavic,Wtb,Velocity. I want wider for big rubber, but don't want heavy. aarh!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
easy does it.. You are becoming my pusher :)
With all the rims on the market my head is spinning.

Decisions:
Salsa,Stans,Mavic,Wtb,Velocity. I want wider for big rubber, but don't want heavy. aarh!

The new DT x470 are 470Grams and like $60.

Great for the money.

J-

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
What fork did you put on?

On One Carbon fork

Here todays final weight: 27.75 lb............ The weight saved from the fork swap was given back to the pedal swap. The rig came with ~ Wellgo 964 pedals(generic junk), I went with the synchros mental stainless because I usually tear em up and they look solid. There was no difference between the aluminum bars and carbon bars, just braggin rights.(although I did get carbon DH).

Still waiting to do a Stans ghetto & carbon seat post.

I guess I'll have to put myself on diet, there no real reason why a 200lb+ guy needs a sub 27lb bike!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom