Climbing at NJ Rock Gym Tonight!!! (1/9)

xc62701

Hey guys and gals. I know we've talked about this and it's a little late posting up but I'll be there tonight climbing if anyone is intersted. Drop by to boulder, top rope, chill, whatever. I'll probably be there from 7:30 till 10 or 10:30. Post up if your stopping by or just swing by. Check out www.njrockgym.com for other details.

Eileen

I'll be there! Tom and I are bringing a friend who has never been there. We're probably going to get there around 6ish.

xc62701

Well tonight was a good climbing nite. The place was overcrowded with all the mtbnj.com people that showed up....eerrrr...the 4 of us had a good time :D Eileen, Tom, Eileen's friend(?forgot her name?), and I got some good lines in. I finally got a v3 that I've been working for a couple of days. I picked up a membership so I'll probably be there most Wednesdays and maybe a Friday here or there. Lets get some more people there for next time!!!

Eileen

Yeah, it was definitely a great night for me too. I got one of the bouldering problems that I'd been trying to get. I just got a membership so I'll be hanging around and falling off stuff.

Might be going back on Tuesday if anyone's interested :getsome:

xc62701

Not this Saturday for me. I've got too much goin on but any other one I'm good as long as it's in the evening. I'm helping build sets at my school for the play. I'd be able to there around 6 - it closes at 8. Not exaclty the best time slot. I'll be there most Wednesday's and some Friday's too...

T

tlnj

NYC Bouldering

Just wanted to mention for those who work in da city, there are some great climbing opportunities right in Central Park. I tried doing it for the 1st time the other day and it was a blast. Here's a link for info on climbing in the park:

http://www.climbnyc.com/boulder/index.html

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Not this Saturday for me. I've got too much goin on but any other one I'm good as long as it's in the evening. I'm helping build sets at my school for the play. I'd be able to there around 6 - it closes at 8. Not exaclty the best time slot. I'll be there most Wednesday's and some Friday's too...

cool - i'll be cool for a saturday vist at the end of january. i'll post up when i'm good to go.

D

DANSPANK

I'd be up for a rainy saturday visit.

Hey, another question, aside from chalk what else can you use to keep your finger tips dry?

xc62701

I'd be up for a rainy saturday visit.

Hey, another question, aside from chalk what else can you use to keep your finger tips dry?

Gloves,
Handwarmers,
Paper Towels,
Cloth Towels,
Pants,
Cotton Balls,
Mittens,
Tissues,
or anything else that absorbs moisture :D

Actually I'm not sure what else works. Some are purists and won't even use chalk. They just climb with no chalk or anything and deal with the sweating/greasy fingers.

D

DANSPANK

(At the risk of repulsing any and all future potential girlfriends) my hands sweat excessively during excercise. Absorbing the moisture on fabirc doesn't do it. Chalk is good but once you've got your hand/fingers positioned then you can't really rechalk. I've got lots of pairs of mtb gloves so I'll see which ones look like they'll last the longest and perhaps try those.

I s'pose I could always get botox injections. Perhaps that would smooth out my finger prints and I could become a cat burgler too.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Hard for me to imagine doing any kind of serious gym/sport climbing w/o chalk.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
(At the risk of repulsing any and all future potential girlfriends) my hands sweat excessively during excercise. Absorbing the moisture on fabirc doesn't do it. Chalk is good but once you've got your hand/fingers positioned then you can't really rechalk. I've got lots of pairs of mtb gloves so I'll see which ones look like they'll last the longest and perhaps try those.

I s'pose I could always get botox injections. Perhaps that would smooth out my finger prints and I could become a cat burgler too.
One good thing about bouldering is that you're not making all that many moves, so the sweat factor doesn't have as long to have impact.

Any kind of crimpy climbing will be a bitch with anything other than bare hands, I'd expect.

S

Shar0se

So is anyone going tomorrow (sat.)? I have evening plans but as long as I am done before 8 I'm good to go.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So is anyone going tomorrow (sat.)? I have evening plans but as long as I am done before 8 I'm good to go.

i can't go this weekend or next for saturday... but i will go the 25th at around 5:30 - 6:00 w/o a doubt

Top Bottom