Local Ti SS cogs

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I know a Princeton Grad Student who has been making SS cogs out of TI as a school project.

He says that he can build them for $30 for each SS cog in TI.

He asked that I put out some feelers to see if anyone would want some and in what size?

He said he can do pretty much anything with a CNC machine. So if you want your name or something else machined into the cog it can be done.

Pics to follow shortly..

J-Dro

$30 is cheap. A Surly aluminum SS cog goes for almost that much.

Is he doing other custom CNC work or just cogs for now?

xc62701

I'm definitely interested...Now I just need to figure out what size. 20 most likely. Can he make a 19? Does anybody use a 19? I'd like a nice Ti chainring.

Last edited:

scalpel6

I know a Princeton Grad Student who has been making SS cogs out of TI as a school project.

He says that he can build them for $30 for each SS cog in TI.

He asked that I put out some feelers to see if anyone would want some and in what size?

He said he can do pretty much anything with a CNC machine. So if you want your name or something else machined into the cog it can be done.

Pics to follow shortly..

Get a couple Halters cycles cogs :getsome:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
In for a 20 tooth, would be real stoked to specify some simple text on it

Engignar

A TI bashguard would be verrrry sweet, especially the magic one that allows me not to lose my big ring. Maybe we can get this guy over to the site so we can ask some questions?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if they have a flared or just wider base i'm in for a 20. if it's the same thickness from teeth to splines, i'm out. if he could do something like the surly cogs but in ti, i would pay $50.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
if they have a flared or just wider base i'm in for a 20. if it's the same thickness from teeth to splines, i'm out. if he could do something like the surly cogs but in ti, i would pay $50.

good thought - would it have a wider base than teeth?

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll take one at least one in the 20T flavor. oh yeah, what sean said too.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Hey Sean,

I gave him a few Surly cogs to use as a guide. He said that the TI stock that he has is just slightly narrower than the surly cog.

This is still wider than most every other cog.

I would be wide enough so that it won't dig into an alloy cass body.

j-

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Hey Sean,

I gave him a few Surly cogs to use as a guide. He said that the TI stock that he has is just slightly narrower than the surly cog.

This is still wider than most every other cog.

I would be wide enough so that it won't dig into an alloy cass body.

j-

well then, that settles it doesn't it. i'll take a 20t, and if he's making more sizes i would purchase an 18t and a 19t

Top Bottom