Skiing VT and NH

xc62701

Hey peeps. I'm gonna be in NH for a few days after Christmas and I'll be staying in Concord NH. I am wondering what the best places to ski are in NH and VT. I'm looking at doing 2-3 days of skiing. So far in NH Cannon, and Loon Mtn look pretty good. I've already been to Waterville Valley, and Gunstock. In VT I'm intrigued by Mad River Glen. I've only been to Killington. What do you think? I'm interested in a good mix of intermediate to advanced trails as well as some glades. What's the good stuff?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey peeps. I'm gonna be in NH for a few days after Christmas and I'll be staying in Concord NH. I am wondering what the best places to ski are in NH and VT. I'm looking at doing 2-3 days of skiing. So far in NH Cannon, and Loon Mtn look pretty good. I've already been to Waterville Valley, and Gunstock. In VT I'm intrigued by Mad River Glen. I've only been to Killington. What do you think? I'm interested in a good mix of intermediate to advanced trails as well as some glades. What's the good stuff?

If it looks like snow.. Drive to Jay Peak.

It will be worth it.

j

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
stowe. i had some of my best east coast riding days there. just fantastic. sugarbush is also pretty good IIRC. i worked there for about a month...

Glancing Aft

The snowpack should be amazing! Hit Jay Peak or Mad River Glen! MRG is probably much closer from where you guys are staying though so I'd say go there (if you only are going to be skiing). I just love the experience and the vibe at that place! The lifts are slow, so it's all about quality not quantity, with uncrowded slopes and amazing snow. If you find yourself there, hit up paradise for the best east coast ski trail (some sick lines in the woods to skiers left of it) and when all is done and said treat yourself to 1, 2 or 3 Magic Hat Single Chair Ales!

xc62701

Sweet I've gotta see where time permits and how far we want to travel but they all sound pretty good.

Looks like I'll be heading up to Hunter tomorrow if anyone wants to join. I hope I'm one of a few there.

steverod23

Hunter ?

Sweet I've gotta see where time permits and how far we want to travel but they all sound pretty good.

Looks like I'll be heading up to Hunter tomorrow if anyone wants to join. I hope I'm one of a few there.

How were the conditions at Hunter ? Is it worth going yet ?

Steve

xc62701

How were the conditions at Hunter ? Is it worth going yet ?

Steve

It's been great up there. I went before they got a lot of snow and it was really nice. Get up there before it gets to warm and kills that base!!!

On the other hand Stratton VT was nuts! Knee deep to hip deep pow in the trees! SWEEET!!!

Nimrod

I have skied them all.

These days given a choice, I'd go to the Mount Washington Valley (NH) area.

There are several places (mountains) within 20 minutes of each other to pick from. The Main advantage is these places (Atatash (SP)) is that there are not crowded, and they are significantly cheaper (50%) then Stowe, Loon, etc. Also North Conway (big town) is close, and offers allot of options in term of diners, ski supplys, housing, and they have an LL Bean outlet center:)

xc62701

I like the NH mountains but I love the big mountain stuff a little more. Loon was nice but way overcrowded. Sunnapee was great. I want to get to Bretton Woods, and Attitash to check those out. Those are the next ones on the tick list.

PlayAllDay

Head up to Stratton. It was amazing yesterday- great snow conditions- one of the best days I've had in a while. Might head up next Sat too. ;)

Top Bottom