Best Place to Ride Near Ramsey

J

JD!

Was wondering which is a better place to ride for a beginner?
Also where can I get trail maps?

Thanks

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Go straight to the good stuff...Skyline Drive (Ramapo) or Ringwood. Why bother with beginner stuff ;)

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
campmor

come down rt17 to campmor. Come to the bike shop and ask us. We also sell Ny/NJ Trail Conference maps of the area.....ps it also includes Wawayanda too! tell em sean sent ya!

T

tlnj

check this....

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2625&highlight=high+mountain

maps & info there

That can be a good place for a beginner and it is near Ramsey too

Yes, great place for a beginner. Here's a link of a Google map I made that pinpoints various places of interest. You can get directions to mountain biking place from here, too (as well as some good beer stores).

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...425,-74.069824&spn=3.937484,7.481689&z=7&om=1

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
If you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me

All the things
That we've been through
You should understand me
Like i understand you
Now baby i know the difference
Between right and wrong
I ain't gonna do nothing
To upset our happy home
Aaaah
Dont get so exited
When i come home a little late at night
Cause we only act like children
When we argue, fuss and fight
Heyhey

Ride tomorrow?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
All the things
That we've been through
You should understand me
Like i understand you
Now baby i know the difference
Between right and wrong
I ain't gonna do nothing
To upset our happy home
Aaaah
Dont get so exited
When i come home a little late at night
Cause we only act like children
When we argue, fuss and fight
Heyhey

Ride tomorrow?

Wow, another AON-ANROTHAR type relationship....things are going to be interesting around here in 2008 :D

J

JD!

I know this my be a silly question for most, but how do you get to the lake from the top parking lot? I know how from the bottom. If i get a map of the park with that answer all of my questions

J

JD!

yes skyline ramapo. Was on the yellow trail right away, also went down the paved road until I hit a house with private property signs all over, wen tback up and found the white/Cannonball took for a while ended up on another paved road??
I need some series help man

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
yes skyline ramapo. Was on the yellow trail right away, also went down the paved road until I hit a house with private property signs all over, wen tback up and found the white/Cannonball took for a while ended up on another paved road??
I need some series help man

I rode at Skyline today and outside of a few sections the trails were in decent shape.

Why not take the white/yellow trail right out of the lot, make a right at the first "T", make a left on the paved road and in about 1/4 mile on the right, take the C'ball Switchback trail down to the lake? From there you can use elzoller's excellent map to help get you around.

Top Bottom