Lights

mtnbiker5

Need new lights. Whats the story with all the new Niterider stuff out there? Seems like they're still the best. I dont want Princeton Tech or any others. Whats the very best Niterider light now?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if you can, hold out for a little while. there will be more and more high quality led lights hitting the market with a little time. should end up replacing hid in the way that hid replaced halogen.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I'm blind!!

I just charged my NR Trinewt LED. It proably wasnt the best idea to look into the lense to see how brite the light is, now I'm partially blind. The good news is that I'll be welding this afternoon and wont need my sheild!!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Speaking of NR Trinewt LED. My friend bought those and I got to try them in Mexico. They are pretty bright for sure!! I only used them on the handlebar.
I can't make a good comparison with other good lights because we had none then. My buddy was using a shitty commuter light and he didn't even need it on when he was riding behind me.
What I found odd is that the power button is on the battery pack and not on the light itself. I normally put my light on the helmet and the battery pack in my camelback and if I have to reach to my back for the switch....well...:hmmm:

He didn't bought the wireless version with remote, but perhaps that is a better option. I don't know how much $$ it is, though.

C

Crankfire

if you can, hold out for a little while. there will be more and more high quality led lights hitting the market with a little time. should end up replacing hid in the way that hid replaced halogen.
Agreed.

Granted you specifically stated that you didn't want any PrincetonTec stuff, I just picked up a Switchback 3 for $170 on ebay - they are pretty nice (though not $400 nice), still not as bright as HID's, plenty bright though, and the burn time on high is 6 hours!

Leds are gonna take over real soon.

Also wrote a review of them :)

gt_heller

hey there. if you want the best light out there, take a look at LUPINE...i have a nightmare halogen but the new led models are amazing also. my light puts out 550 lumens for over 3 hours! the new leds put out even more than that w/ longer burn times
c ya
greg

Top Bottom