MB, Google Earth, Custom Maps & GPS Data

Shaggz

A strong 7
Please post your GPS data, etc. in here, along with a brief description of the route (mileage, pace, skill level, etc). Posts that do not stay on topic will be deleted at the discretion of the Mods :getsome:

D

DANSPANK

Thanks for the loop Frank. How the heck do you get 6kft of climbing at Allaire??

D

DANSPANK

Frank's loop would scare people! But, for Training Centre purposes, I would leave the gravity thing off - you'll be much more impressed with your efforts at the end of the year!

Frank

Sasquatch
You don't use the 'motionbased gravity' option to correct for noise in the GPS signal, that's how.

I have a 205 edge with the FREE motion based subscription. So I know my altitudes will be incorrect. Where can I adjust this "gravity" thing. This has bugged me since day 1. :hmmm:

J-Dro

I have a 205 edge with the FREE motion based subscription. So I know my altitudes will be incorrect. Where can I adjust this "gravity" thing. This has bugged me since day 1. :hmmm:

Frank, I have the same as you... a 205 and free MB account.

When you log into your MB account, select 'preferences', select the 'tune-up' tab, then choose the MB gravity option. It will then automatically clean up the elevation data (on future uploads) which can be pretty bad if the gps signal was weak.

BTW, I hear that Motionbased is going away and being replaced by something called 'Garmin Connect' soon. Let's hope they do away with the 10 ride limit for free accounts.

Frank

Sasquatch
Frank, I have the same as you... a 205 and free MB account.

When you log into your MB account, select 'preferences', select the 'tune-up' tab, then choose the MB gravity option. It will then automatically clean up the elevation data (on future uploads) which can be pretty bad if the gps signal was weak.

BTW, I hear that Motionbased is going away and being replaced by something called 'Garmin Connect' soon. Let's hope they do away with the 10 ride limit for free accounts.

Thanks bro.....now Allaire will be flat again.:(

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK went to Allaire today and this place is pretty awesome. This map is just insane to try to comprehend:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4854385

Thanks to ChrisG and Chuck for leading and Bill for sticking with me and dishing out advice as to when the next short little up was coming. Good stuff, and pretty funny looking map in the link there.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Wtf?!?

Hey, we descended 2 feet more than we climbed. And I'll have you all take note of that savage 1899' of climbing, btw.:rolleyes:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys sure were moving

Word. Most of that non-moving time was a pit stop in the parking lot at just about 2 hours when we discussed the relative merits of man-to-man versus zone in college basketball, various bike setups, and Chuck's ass.

Hey, we descended 2 feet more than we climbed. And I'll have you all take note of that savage 1899' of climbing, btw.:rolleyes:

Lots of rollers for sure but probably not 1900 feet worth. I find the more you zig-zag and go short up/down the less accurate the GPS becomes. On the road it seem more accurate than in the woods.

Frank

Sasquatch
Has anyone considered making a newer map of the park? A more detailed map than what we already have?

Map making is not a simple process. Besides, the new map is only a few years old and shows all the "legal" stuff. When new trails are added that are park approved, the map will be updated.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions