Allaire?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Hey guys!
How're the conditions down here? Up north, we've just getting some light rain, hopefully it's only a spritz in the south also.
Thinkin' about making the trip tomorrow...

Any insight would be helpful & appreciated.
Thanks!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Joe Allaire is rideable. It took quite a beating yesterday but only in a few spots that we know need some love. Based on what people up north are saying I assume allaire i the best place in the state right now. The lot was full by 9am yesterday if thats any indication.

If you are making it down tomorrow I may be able to get out, what time are you thinking?

walter

Fourth Party
Hey guys!
How're the conditions down here? Up north, we've just getting some light rain, hopefully it's only a spritz in the south also.
Thinkin' about making the trip tomorrow...

Any insight would be helpful & appreciated.
Thanks!

I would call it a heavy mist right now. Im about 25 min. north of Allaire so I cant be sure exactly whats going on down there. If conditions are the same there, I would think tomorrow would be OK to ride. The usual spots may be wet but all in all it should be ok on the interior. The river trail tends to get a bit sloppy and the trail right along Hospital rd. but the rest should be good.

Hopefully someone can give a better first hand account who's closer.

Nevermind, there you go.

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Sounds good Joe. Hopefully when this passes the wet spots freeze up. With the wind forcasted it may be just enough to do it. If not we will still get in a good ride.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Thanks Ken, Walter!

Ken,

Let's shoot for a 10:30 wheels-down time?
Also (muy importante!), you'll need to recommend a decent hang-out for post-ride burgers & brewskis!

I'll alert the Northern action faction.

i1/Joe

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Woody's Roadside Tavern in Farmingdale is the allaire dirt bag pub of choice. :D

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Kelly's is by far the best pub up that way Walter, but always seems just far enough to not go post ride.

BiknBen

Allaire is bad!!!!

Fred (AoN) and I were at Allaire this morning. It was bad. Real Bad. Many of the trails were just rivers of standing water. I was quite surprised.

It got moderate rain early and then mist and light rain continued.

Allaire has been good but I think it has finally reached the saturation limit.

ArmyOfNone

Yea allaire may have more standing water than six mile at the moment. I could have waited for another day to snap my seat post.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Ben today was definately a day to take off, but I think by tomorrow it will be drained down to saturday's conditions. Similar situation as the end of the week. Thursday was supertacky fun, Friday it rained(took off), saturday was very rideable.

walter

Fourth Party
Yea allaire may have more standing water than six mile at the moment. I could have waited for another day to snap my seat post.

How the hell did that happen. Is there ever a ride for you when you dont break either your body or your bike????:D

rocknrollgirl

Tomorrow?

We had a ride planned there tomorrow morning. I don't want to trash the trails or the bike. Do you really think that it will be drained?

Allaire regulars? Whatcha think....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of Allaire...is anyone planning on riding tomorrow at 8 am? I can do that, say 2 hours. And, will it be ridable tomorrow?

J-Dro

I'm really surprised that Allaire has so much standing water. I was there on Saturday and the conditions were pretty darn good... just a few soft spots. They must have got a lot more rain on Sunday morning then we did in the Princeton area.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
As long as you know what trails to avoid, tomorrow will be rideable. Definate "bad idea" trails include the new switchback re-route, all of the river trails (including coke, north side of the lot and fisherman's rd across the way), steelman and the wetter side of tiger. Leaving the lot you are best to head out along the paved fire road to the interior of the park and hit the older, more sand-based trails that branch off of the main fire road.

As I mentioned earlier, the park has taken a beating this weekend. If you absolutely must ride on dirt, dont do it in the middle of a downpour (like today) and avoid the trails mentioned above.

If it gets colder than currently forecasted, expect a lot of luge runs. :D

Top Bottom