Mtbnj.com at NJ Rock Gym

Which night is good for you to go to the NJ Rock gym?

• Monday

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xc62701

Ok people I want to get some more people together to work out and have fun at the NJ Rock gym. You don't need to be able to belay or even climb for that matter. Just come out and have some fun. I want to figure out what day works best for everyone. The next get together will be a weeknight. They are open till 10:30. Which night works best for you?

Shaggz

A strong 7
real cool. jason and i were talking about this the other day. wednesdays seem good as they have an adult technique course that runs from 7:00 to 8:30.

Adult Technique Course

Motivating and challenging, this clinic series is for beginner and intermediate climbers. Attend this three part series to improve your climbing technique immediately. Weekly lessons will cover footwork, hand grips, and mental strategies. Learn how to climb efficiently and have fun at the same time.
Goals: Learn climbing techniques to climb better, identify your weakest links, and practice specific drills to strengthen them.
Outline:
Part 1- Sewtting golas and working to achieve them. Learn grip styles, resting position and body position.
Part 2- Develop foot technique and strenght. Learn foot edging, stemming, smearing, flagging and more.
Part 3- Gain skills needed to climb routes that include overhangs. Tons more of great techniques!
Details:The class goes for 1 ½ hours per night, 1 night per week for 3 weeks, limited to six adults.
Pre-requisite: top rope certified. To secure your place in the clinic, advanced registration is required.
Cost:
$68.00 for NJRG members, $90 for non-members
1 week cancellation policy
No makeup's will be offered for missed session
Class size is limited to six adults, 2 person minimum
Dates:
Wednesdays: (7:00-8:30pm)
Available: January 9, 16, & 23

Glancing Aft

Wednesday is turning into my normal night there, so I'll vote for then although I could do others. It was a lot of fun last night, I hope more people can make it out next time!

Shaggz

A strong 7
is there a membership fee, or can you just pay as you go? do you need to reserve equipment in advance?

xc62701

real cool. jason and i were talking about this the other day. wednesdays seem good as they have an adult technique course that runs from 7:00 to 8:30.

Adult Technique Course

Motivating and challenging, this clinic series is for beginner and intermediate climbers. Attend this three part series to improve your climbing technique immediately. Weekly lessons will cover footwork, hand grips, and mental strategies. Learn how to climb efficiently and have fun at the same time.
Goals: Learn climbing techniques to climb better, identify your weakest links, and practice specific drills to strengthen them.
Outline:
Part 1- Sewtting golas and working to achieve them. Learn grip styles, resting position and body position.
Part 2- Develop foot technique and strenght. Learn foot edging, stemming, smearing, flagging and more.
Part 3- Gain skills needed to climb routes that include overhangs. Tons more of great techniques!
Details:The class goes for 1 ½ hours per night, 1 night per week for 3 weeks, limited to six adults.
Pre-requisite: top rope certified. To secure your place in the clinic, advanced registration is required.
Cost:
$68.00 for NJRG members, $90 for non-members
1 week cancellation policy
No makeup's will be offered for missed session
Class size is limited to six adults, 2 person minimum
Dates:
Wednesdays: (7:00-8:30pm)
Available: January 9, 16, & 23

Yea Jason is a great guy and a hellova climber. He's got some good info for sure. If anyone just wants the experience and a few pointers I can help out as well. I can usually see how to climb routes and figure out the technique, I just can't execute it. :(

xc62701

is there a membership fee, or can you just pay as you go? do you need to reserve equipment in advance?

Membership is monthly, yearly, quarterly, there's a 10 visit punch pass, or a day pass. Day pass is $16 with equipment it's $22. You do not need to reserve in advance. Check out www.NJRockGym.com for more info.

S

Shar0se

Wednesday night??

Looks like Wed and Fri are the two best. How about we go with Wed nights since people tend to have plans on Friday nights?? And because it is only $5 for women to climb at the Gravity Vault on Friday nights. :)

Top Bottom