NJ Mtn Bike Weekend Festival

mtnbiker5

I dont know where but we all should really think about starting a NJ Mtn Bike Weekend Festival. Remember Jim Thorpe? I hear the riding is a complete disaster out there now but theres gotta be some places we can camp, ride and just hang with the Tribe.

J

jimex7

Mahlon has camping facility and I think beer may be permitted with permit.

DD-

Bike Fest 2008

The NJ JORBA Bike Festival for 2008 is being planned right now.

The tenative date is Sept 13 in the Allamuchy area. We are still working out the details, and will be posting more information after the New Year.

Stay Tuned...

Dawn

Eileen

The NJ JORBA Bike Festival for 2008 is being planned right now.

The tenative date is Sept 13 in the Allamuchy area. We are still working out the details, and will be posting more information after the New Year.

Stay Tuned...

Dawn

Sounds like fun!!!! Can't wait for details :getsome:

Engignar

This forum has been full of good ideas - peg this one on that list. Camping/ Festival, trips to Moab, Bar-b-q's and Holiday gatherings, we may run out of weekends. That wouldn't be such a bad thing.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i really hope a festival never happens at mahlon. if it rains, the trails there just couldn't take it i don't think. allaire should fair well with the sandy soil.

xc62701

I'd think the choices in north jersey should be pretty obvious for a festival. Ringwood or Wawayanda would be great venues for this.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
allaire should fair well with the sandy soil.
Allaire would be great, in that it's ridable and enjoyable for a rider at any possible level, and it is one of the best parks with regard to handling "impact".

One issue there would be parking, as the Hospital Road lot is not too large.

Last edited:

mtnbiker5

Festival

You guys are killing me now with this beer. All I want right now is Advil. Happy New Year. Temps in the 50's by next week. Who said Global Warming is a bad thing right? Keep this festival alive. I read where Dave Bucher who ran the Jim Thorpe Mtn Bike Weekend in PA for years is now considering ressurecting it again for another round. Whats going on out there in Jim Thorpe anyway? What, did they close alot of those trails down for hunting or something? I never hear of anyone heading out there anymore

Top Bottom