Indoor/Outdoor Ice Skating

Wazu

Anybody wanna go skating? I go indoors now but when lake/pond/river conditions are good I'll be going to those places also. It's a great steady constant leg burn. Really works the butt back and hammies. When the conditions are right I'll be doing a Deer Park bike 'n skate and I'll post it if anyone wants to come. I'll be going this Friday night to Aspen Ice in Randolph if anyone wants to go.

xc62701

Anybody wanna go skating? I go indoors now but when lake/pond/river conditions are good I'll be going to those places also. It's a great steady constant leg burn. Really works the butt back and hammies. When the conditions are right I'll be doing a Deer Park bike 'n skate and I'll post it if anyone wants to come. I'll be going this Friday night to Aspen Ice in Randolph if anyone wants to go.

I wouldn't mind lacing up the skates. I used to play in a adult hockey league so I'm familiar with the burn. Not sure about Friday night though.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I'm no hockey puck , but grew up up figure skating. "Fantasy on Ice" at Floyd Bennet Field in Brooklyn the next two Sundays. :sleep: My friend is producing and performing. Should be very "Cirque du soleir".

If not, my back yard is solid ice, pump track included. ;)

adventurechick

skating @ Mercer

There is an outdoor rink that is open all winter at Mercer County Park if anyone is interested. I'd lace up my hockey skates but it's been awhile...

Wazu

Went last night to Aspen in Randolph. Its hard to get a good workout with so many people in the way. Hopefully today will be better. I'll be there with my kids (first time) till 4:00 if anyone wants to come. I'll also be there tomorrow afternoon after the Deer Park hike. Oh, where is the outdoor rink? What town in Mercer county?

NJ Jess

Toms river in and out

Toms River has both and indoor and outdoor skate rinks. Both have a lot of "public skate" hours and seem reasonable. Bricktown also has a skate rink next to Bally's. Hummm, I'll try to go check it out. Wuzu is right about the leg burn thing, suppose to be the best cross training thing as per Eric Hyden, right?

xc62701

I just got some skating in up here in NH and it was a decent little workout. Although I had to use rental skates which were horrible. How can anyone learn to skate on those POS's?!?!?! It was good for a workout but even better is skiing. I've got 3 days in since xmas and my legs have been burning pretty bad. I did a road ride in between and its the same muscles that you use when you get out of the saddle and sprint so the skiing should help your speed workouts. Either way, get out, get fit, and have fun.

don

I play in an old man hockey league during the winters outside on Navesink CC's ice rink. The work out is great - I come off the ice totally spent - but even better is playing outside on a winter's night with a good group. I know it helps my legs and cardio a bit for the snowboard days too.

The Red Bank Armory is another great place to skate although it's indoors. They have "Learn To" classes for skating, figure and hockey and run them all year long. I did a summer league their and it's pretty weird playing hockey on a 80+ degree night.

Top Bottom