my new 29er?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I thought Sean believed unicycles were GAY. (Not that there is anything wrong with it :D )

I have one....can't ride it though....maybe we should use them on the
2008 mtbnj.com drunken hill-climbing championship

this can be my fun winter project, learn how to ride the damn thing!

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if you saw Zoller's post from when we did the Ringwood pre-ride the weekend before the race. But 3 guys were in the lot getting ready to go out that day on exactly that. They had the helmets and pads and were going mountain biking on unicycles!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
he may very well think that, but he certainly sees some merit in the rims they use. makes sense aside from being heavy....at least according to sean.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
it must be winter. i was hoping never to bring up fred and sean's love affair again. oops.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it kills me that i might buy that rim. mtn unicycling is gay and retarted, and by all accounts(don't know him myself, thank the gods), kris holm is a dick. it just so happens that his name is on the widest 29er rim available. jake, if i spot you on the trail on your unicycle, i'm gonna knock you over and laugh at you. :getsome:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
it kills me that i might buy that rim. mtn unicycling is gay and retarted, and by all accounts(don't know him myself, thank the gods), kris holm is a dick. it just so happens that his name is on the widest 29er rim available. jake, if i spot you on the trail on your unicycle, i'm gonna knock you over and laugh at you. :getsome:

sean, i can barely ride a bike with TWO wheels in the woods...i'm hardly qualified to try it on one.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Sean- just wait for early next year when the Salsa Gordo 29er ships. 35mm wide and a half-pound lighter than those Holm boat anchors. Plus no heavy conscience for buying from that Holm guy. At 844 grams apiece, I don't care how wide the Holm rims are- there's no way I'd put those on any bike I have to pedal.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Sean- just wait for early next year when the Salsa Gordo 29er ships. 35mm wide and a half-pound lighter than those Holm boat anchors. Plus no heavy conscience for buying from that Holm guy. At 844 grams apiece, I don't care how wide the Holm rims are- there's no way I'd put those on any bike I have to pedal.

i need as wide as possible by february for the susitna 100 in alaska. i might drill out the outer wall of them in between the spoke holes, echo trials rim style. if i can get my hands on a gordo by the end of january i'll do it, but i might have to buy some of those krispy holm-o rims just in case....

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was wondering why you weren't waiting for the gordos too. guess that answers that. now i can wait happily for them and not be a...um...i dunno. uni-homo?

Top Bottom