NUE 100 in 08

xc62701

Is anybody planning on doing a single race or competing for the series next year? I'm dabbling with the idea of doing as many as I can. As of now I'm planning to do the Wilderness, Shenandoah, Cohutta, Mohican, Lumberjack, and Fools Gold. 6 of the 8 races are pretty accessable for us east coast riders and I would really like to check out other areas. But who knows if I'll be in shape to contest more than one.

I did the Wilderness 101 last year and just love the Ultra Endurance races and atmosphere. It's much better than: Hauling to the race, getting to do a warm up, racing and in 4 hours total it's all over. The endurance races make it a nice weekend thing and really a cool way to completely obliterate yourself. I'm just curious if anyone will be joining me...
:confused:

Proposed Schedule for 2008:

Cohutta 100 Tennessee April 19
Mohican MTB 100 Ohio June 7
Lumberjack 100 Michigan June 14
Breckenridge 100 Colorado July 19
Wilderness 101 Pennsylvania July 26
Fool’s Gold 100 Georgia August 16
Shenandoah 100 Virginia August 31
Tahoe-Sierra 100 California September 6

Or check out the series for yourself. www.usmtb100.com

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

I'd really like to do Shenandoah but I'm not sure if one week is enough time to recover after 24HOA. I'd also like to do the PA race.

xc62701

I'd really like to do Shenandoah but I'm not sure if one week is enough time to recover after 24HOA. I'd also like to do the PA race.

This year Shenandoah is a priority over the 24HOA. I've done the 24 hrs the past 2 years and did well but I don't know if I'll be there this year. If I do it might just be in a more relaxed fashion. I did it the past 2 years solo and I think I might have had enough of plowing through the peanut butter by myself. I might return on a 2 or 4 man team. But like you said a week is a little slim on recovery. 4 man team sounds nice so I can do some laps and still save juice for VA.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I might be doing Shenandoah, it all depends on how the new baby treats me.

at this point I was thinking also of skipping the 24HOA but who knows...

I also plan on doing the 24Churn N Burn.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Where is that?

Ashford, CT

about 2.5hrs drive....

smaller loop, about 1/2 the size of the 24HOA, less technical also. Great for SS.
smaller crowd too. The best is you park next to your camp and the start/finish is right there, no need to carry tons of stuff with you, you can always go quick to your camp to refuel.
I've done it twice and had a lot of fun.

Ask Sean, he got 3rd place last year.

oh..http://www.genesisadventures.com/v3...enter=series_2007 Churn and Burn&flash=mtbike

Last edited:

Maurice

I might do Shenandoah, possibly Wilderness. Might even do it on the singlespeed to minimize stuff that can go wrong.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I might do Shenandoah, possibly Wilderness. Might even do it on the singlespeed to minimize stuff that can go wrong.

I'm going to stay home to really minimize the number of things that can go wrong.

I figure since you clowns are slaughtering my threads I can reply in kind :D

xc62701

I'm going to stay home to really minimize the number of things that can go wrong.

I figure since you clowns are slaughtering my threads I can reply in kind :D

You can't hijack my thread! You must stay on topic!!!

Come on man you know you wanna do those long races:D

maddawg

cohutta 100

i am 96.95% in for cohutta. the application is filled out and ready to be mailed in. i have some relatives in the area so it kills 2 birds with one stone. looks like a lot of fun as well. so i will probably be there.
tentative plan is to do shen as well with some of the darkhorse crew.
wilderness 101 is out as we will be up to our eyeballs planning the 40!

Glancing Aft

crud just was looking at the calender and noticed the Wilderness 101 is the same weekend as 24 Hours of Killington. Guess I have a few months to decide which to do.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This year Shenandoah is a priority over the 24HOA.

Same with me. Looking forward to Shenandoh, just hope I can get enough saddle time in to be able to finish.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i plan on doing enough races to be in the series overall.

tentatively, it's looking like these:

Cohutta 100 Tennessee April 19
Lumberjack 100 Michigan June 14
Breckenridge 100 Colorado July 19
Wilderness 101 Pennsylvania July 26
Shenandoah 100 Virginia August 31
Tahoe-Sierra 100 California September 6

tahoe-sierra has a huge purse. i think the ss purse alone is $1000. i'm not sure if i'm gonna do 24hoa. not sure if i'm gonna do any multi-lap races longer than an xc race next year.

Glancing Aft

Is cost a factor?

the 24 of Killington is about twice the price of the W101.

No it's not. I've been talking with some friends about doing killington for a few years and we never do. Plus there's something more appealing to me about riding in vermont then pa. However I'll be up there the week before for Snow, so perhaps cost will be a factor.

Top Bottom