Cheap UST Wheels

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'm looking for the least expensive UST-ready set up (no funky rim strips, Stan's conversion etc) for a spare bike. Weight not a concern, just $.

I'm thinking Mavic Crossland(?)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

i1

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
The mavics are a good choice Joe. Also, take a look at Bontrager Race Disc TLR wheels. They aren't too expensive. Also, Bontrager makes a wider stronger wheelset called the Rhythm comp and they are tubeless as well. The website has them listed at 350, but give me a call if your considering them.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Thanks Pete.
$350 is more than I was planning on spending but lets talk. I'll stop in this week.
Mavic 819s with cheapo disc hubs = in the ballpark?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I had a pair of Mavic Crosslands and while they are stiff, I always had trouble getting the tire on and off the rim. It was worse then putting a high pressure BMX street tire on a tall rim. I ended up selling the wheels for this fact and this fact alone. My thumb lost some much skin from slipping off a tire lever and jamming the spokes.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Why no Stan's?

I've been running Hutchinson UST tires on Mavic 517s with a Stan's conversion for over 4 months now and I've been really pleased so far.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Why no Stan's?

I've been running Hutchinson UST tires on Mavic 517s with a Stan's conversion for over 4 months now and I've been really pleased so far.

You're set up sounds like it's good for you but just based on my own history where I've run UST rims with UST tires with Stan's goop just as flat insurance, I've had virtually no problems over the years.

Top Bottom