Shinguard recommendations?

Glancing Aft

Hey Ladies,
For a Christmas present, I'm considering picking up my girlfriend a pair of knee/shin guards, to use when she's riding at more technical places.
Any Suggestions/Recommendation/ect?

pinkshirtphotos

i think rock gardn makes a pair for women. they are pink too
depending on how her build is the fox launch pads are really nice

S

Shar0se

I just ordered pads for myself- Six Six One came HIGHLY recommended. I will let you know how they are once they arrive....any day now. :) Also, not sure what size your gf is but since I'm on the petite side (5'2"- 105) everyone I spoke to told me to order children's sizes in whatever brand I chose. Hope that helps!

Glancing Aft

Please let me know how they are, I'm open to any idea really, and probably wont order till early December. My GF is 5'10" So she'd probably be fine with a men's medium.

S

Shar0se

Please let me know how they are, I'm open to any idea really, and probably wont order till early December. My GF is 5'10" So she'd probably be fine with a men's medium.
they arrived today- will give you an update soon! Hopefully I wont have actually see how well they work!

Spylab

Not to knock anyone down, but I HATED my 661 pads. They constantly slid down and eventually gave me blisters at the top of my ankle on both feet. The velcro always seemed to be coming loose as well. I switched to the Fox Launch pads and could not be happier. They have a real clever criss-cross latching system that takes 10 seconds to put on or take off, and it eliminates a strap going across the back of the knee (which always seems to pinch or rub).

Haven't seen the Rockgardn ones, but their body armor is top notch...

S

Shar0se

OH NO! I was afraid of that. I just got mine and rode with them today for the first time and they did the same thing- slide slide slide..... $70 later.....hmmm....:confused: I was hoping I'd figure out the "trick" to keeping them up.

pinkshirtphotos

they pads are really ment for dh riding, and i know they should be secure but i wouldnt expect them to stay in place in a 10 mile xc ride. check out troy lee stuff too. you really want to get knee over shin if you can. if your wearing pants your shins should be protected, knees are the think you need protected. 661 does make nice knee pads.

bozizle

Hammer Pads

I'm not sure if Hammer Pads are still around or in business but my wife back inthe day adjusted the guards by sewing a tighter fit and they were not bulky and did the trick....still have them but haven't used them since she started mt. biking years ago.

TonyC

Hey Will,
check our CoreRat pads. www.corerat.com

I really liked mine. Comfy, didn't slide around, the Knee/Shin velcro so you can use separately or together, saved my knees a few times.

later
Tony

Glancing Aft

Alright, with the mixed 661 reviews I think I'm going to get her the pink rock gardns. What can I say she loves pink. Thanks for the help everyone.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
My 661's blew. I swear by my RaceFace/Roach Rally FR shin guards. No slip, great protection for trail rides or DH...

Top Bottom