I brew, do you?

Shaggz

A strong 7
as I read between the lines in the great beer thread, there seems to be a decent number of home brewers on this site. that being said, who brews is there any interest in an unofficial "club" that meets every other month or quarterly, to sample and share home brew?

Frank

Sasquatch
If we get a nasty winter I will brew again. Have not for a couple of years though, been riding.

bozizle

I do

I have for a couple years now and have really been into trying microbrews and experimenting with my beers. I think my ideal job would be to own a brewery.

I might enter into a homebrewing contest that takes place in the Poconos in NOV....some great breweries are showing up and looks to be a good time.

Nov. 17-18:

Great Brews of America Classic Beer Festival

Split Rock Resort

Lake Harmony, PA

800-255-7625

www.splitrockresort.com/beerfest

Shaggz

A strong 7
anyone using a conical fermentation tank? i really do not like the racking process from primary to secondary vessel for numerous reasons, and am curious how effective the tanks are. i guess the drawback is that you could only do one batch at a time per tank, as opposed to timing batches based on available primary pails and carboys.

bozizle

anyone using a conical fermentation tank? i really do not like the racking process from primary to secondary vessel for numerous reasons, and am curious how effective the tanks are. i guess the drawback is that you could only do one batch at a time per tank, as opposed to timing batches based on available primary pails and carboys.

I looked at a nice "real deal" stainless tank the other week but for the price I though better of it....I could only imagine it would be much nicer to operate and the one I saw had a way to pull out the yeast on the bottom before transferred....14 gallon size so you could at least double batch.

Also saw an article about a guy who fermented a pumpkin beer in a large scooped out pumpkin...not sure how well that works with sanitation but I liked the idea

Frank

Sasquatch

You are serious.....I'm only a partial mash kinda guy.:eek:

Shaggz

A strong 7
the ss ones can get real pricey. i saw one with a "floating" top, which I guess works on the same principal as the large storage tanks used for petroleum products, which eliminates the head space in the fermenting vessel.

the high quality plastic ones are nice, and I recently saw one on e-bay with 2 spigots and built in stand (think water cooler) for under $200.

bozizle

link

the ss ones can get real pricey. i saw one with a "floating" top, which I guess works on the same principal as the large storage tanks used for petroleum products, which eliminates the head space in the fermenting vessel.

the high quality plastic ones are nice, and I recently saw one on e-bay with 2 spigots and built in stand (think water cooler) for under $200.

can you send me a link to a plastic one? I have been looking for something like this but don't want to spend the $$ on the ss.

Glancing Aft

I have for a couple years now and have really been into trying microbrews and experimenting with my beers. I think my ideal job would be to own a brewery.

I might enter into a homebrewing contest that takes place in the Poconos in NOV....some great breweries are showing up and looks to be a good time.

Nov. 17-18:

Great Brews of America Classic Beer Festival

Split Rock Resort

Lake Harmony, PA

800-255-7625

www.splitrockresort.com/beerfest

I'm glad you pointed this festival out, I think I'll definitely attend. Thank You!

ArmyOfNone

Did you just make all that up or do you really know what your talking about? :D Already on the xmas list is a home brew kit, sooo hopefully i can be a member

Shaggz

A strong 7
I was waiting for you to mention the flux capacitor, then I would have known you were BS'ing
well i did make a wort immersion chiller which is similar to the flux capacitor and looks like this:
ic3.jpg

Top Bottom