Diablo Series Final Race.

J-Dro

What ever happened to that DH/freeride forum in mtbnj that we were promised?:hmmm:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We discussed this between us and at this point there really isn't a huge calling for a DH/FR forum. We don't want to go crazy adding forums when there's no need.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i would tend to agree with you guys. similar things were said about the "shop" talk forum and that turned out OK. we have a lot to work out over the winter and need to see if and how the gravity crowd works into the site structure.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
wonder how a rigid ss 29er would do...:hmmm:

This guy is leading the series...

beneke.jpg

(but he's sure as heck not racing on that bike any more...)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i should show up and try to race the amatuer class on a rigid ss. just to do it. i would get my ass handed to me, but it would be fun.

yuroshek

im pretty sure you cant ride a rigid bike there. i think you need atleast a hard tail. plus the rigid would have a fun time doin 6 foot drops and 35 foot step downs.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the six foot drops to transition i know i can handle. 35 ft stepdowns might be a problem. unless i run a bigger gear.... i've done my share of dirt jumping on a bmx bike.

yuroshek

nice, i mean you can try it and i think they have a go around on the step down anyway. but i think you do need at least a hard tail. i have a freeride bike for sale you can buy and its race ready haha.

DownhillR3

Yeah, I also advise against bringing a rigid bike. I don't know if you've ever heard of the RTN(Road To KNowhere) drop...but i assure you it would not turn out pretty if you hit that.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
While I think you *could* pick your way down the course on a fully rigid XC bike, Diablo does indeed require at least front suspension...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
a jump with a take off and landing whose tops are 35 ft apart, and the top of the landing is lower than the top of the takeoff.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
While I think you *could* pick your way down the course on a fully rigid XC bike, Diablo does indeed require at least front suspension...

damn. well i'm definitely not gonna try downhill racing with a friggen reba. the rigid fork on my karate monkey would hold up alot better than that. so looks like a no go for me as i have no intention of dishing out $500+ for a beefier suspension fork.

ArmyOfNone

a jump with a take off and landing whose tops are 35 ft apart, and the top of the landing is lower than the top of the takeoff.

that is silly i want to see it...

damn. well i'm definitely not gonna try downhill racing with a friggen reba. the rigid fork on my karate monkey would hold up alot better than that. so looks like a no go for me as i have no intention of dishing out $500+ for a beefier suspension fork.

You cannot worry bout forks. You have a bamboo bike to build!

Top Bottom