Picnic Riding?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What do people want to do with group rides at the picnic? I will likely be doing any riding before the picnic and just hanging out during. If people want to ride before I would gladly lead a C pace, B+/C terrain ride.

I say B+ terrain because of the climbing, there can be some solid but not extended climbs in there. But the pace will be such that we can take it slow and easy.

We could ride at 8, 9, 10, whatever. I'm not going to overlap my ride much with the picnic though. Maybe the beginning of the picnic is the ride time?

This is a super friendly ride. Men, women, children, all paces. Plenty of stopping.

Comments/suggestions welcomed. There will be any number of loops so there are plenty of bail out points.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yeah, I've been wondering about this myself. I'd like to get in a ride of some substance that morning, gotta build the appetite sufficiently, ya know?

Riding 10-12 and then looking to hit the food/drink/etc. seems like a good schedule, but I'm open to other ideas.

xc62701

Yeah, I've been wondering about this myself. I'd like to get in a ride of some substance that morning, gotta build the appetite sufficiently, ya know?

Riding 10-12 and then looking to hit the food/drink/etc. seems like a good schedule, but I'm open to other ideas.

That sounds like a good idea. I know the park pretty well. I could lead or help lead some group rides as well. I wanna do some social biking :D

Mare

I vote for riding at 10 so we can get in some miles before lunch. I am actually all for a ride with minimal stopping, then slowing down to ride with folks after I get that in. Sorry...I just need to get my fix. So if some folks want to do a little more pedaling than others, let's meet up!

xc62701

I can put together some interesting loops. The only hard part now is what bike to bring? The SS, the dually, or the race bike....hmmm.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I'll probably tow my kid around on the bike trailer, that is as much riding as I will do....gotta prepare the Guacamole in the AM, has to be fresh!! :D

D

DANSPANK

Maybe check to see which areas will be TM'd that morning. I'm planning on heading up there for the TM and if 25 of you buggers ride past my newly dug hole before it's ready then I'll be mightily upset!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
norm, that loop that you and i did that day when you "rode in circles while jake did his thing on the hills" is a great LM intro loop. i actually really enjoyed that loop...doubt i could re-create it though.

i'll be on the mary if anyone cares.

Shaggz

A strong 7
maybe someone can bring the "girl's ride" thread back to the topic, as well :D

El Guac-Oh, I will have kid(s) in tow, as well, so we can keep each other company.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
maybe someone can bring the "girl's ride" thread back to the topic, as well :D

El Guac-Oh, I will have kid(s) in tow, as well, so we can keep each other company.

Deal!

By the way, where do we park for the picnic?
I've only been to LewMo a couple of times and I have parked on the small lot across Sunrise Lake.

Wazu

I dunno. When I'm done biking I try to stay as far away from people as possible till I get to a shower. I also need to slip out of my synthetic ballerina outfit ASAP. I think I'll bring the bike but stay in normal clothes. Ride around the campsite a bit, maybe hijack the womens ride.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dunno. When I'm done biking I try to stay as far away from people as possible till I get to a shower. I also need to slip out of my synthetic ballerina outfit ASAP. I think I'll bring the bike but stay in normal clothes. Ride around the campsite a bit, maybe hijack the womens ride.

your wife and kids will love that. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
norm, that loop that you and i did that day when you "rode in circles while jake did his thing on the hills" is a great LM intro loop. i actually really enjoyed that loop...doubt i could re-create it though.

i'll be on the mary if anyone cares.

Yeah, not sure I could recreate that. I kinda made it up as we went.

I also share Wazu's problem of needing to shower and get out of ballerina outfit asap. Haven't really figured that out yet. If it's on the chilly side the long sleeves & pants will hide the stink. But if it's warm boy oh boy it could be stinky.

xc62701

I'll probably tow my kid around on the bike trailer, that is as much riding as I will do....gotta prepare the Guacamole in the AM, has to be fresh!! :D

Will that trailer fit an adult? I bet we could coerse someone into goin for a ride :D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
they're usually rated to 100 lbs, so i would guess they can hold 130-ish. i'm sure we have a few people that would qualify for being under 130 lbs here.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I also share Wazu's problem of needing to shower and get out of ballerina outfit asap. Haven't really figured that out yet. If it's on the chilly side the long sleeves & pants will hide the stink. But if it's warm boy oh boy it could be stinky.
Nothing some rubbing alcohol and a towel can't address.

Or a big box o' baby wipes.:D

P.S. Walter, great sig.

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Yeah, not sure I could recreate that. I kinda made it up as we went.

Are the showers still open in the bathhouse by the lake @ LM (insert funny comment here) at this time of year?

I've taken a shower there as late as mid-September post ride when attending other picnics there.

walter

Fourth Party
Nothing some rubbing alcohol and a towel can't address.

Or a big box o' baby wipes.:D

P.S. Walter, great sig.

Why thank you sir. If you ever get the chance, even though I know it will bring back bad memories of Pedros Fest 07, its from the Hatebreed song "Live for This". Pretty intense song.

Top Bottom