Great American Beer Fesitival

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yummmm, in a few short hours I'll be off to Denver to do some "high altitude training" at the Great American Beer Festival!!!
http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/index.htm
:D :D :drooling:
With 408 breweries on site it might be hard to make a choice, anyone have any suggestions of beers I should "sample"?

I would check out as many of the Midwest and West Coast breweries we can't get out here. Bear Republic (you can find in NY though), Three Floyds (seems to have disappeared in NJ), Russian River Brewing Co, Bell's, Great Divide (again you can find in NY though).

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

bozizle

jealous

I wish I could go!!! I just bottled 3 homebrew batches this weekend. I personally would go just for the New Belgium Brewery to name one.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Yummmm, in a few short hours I'll be off to Denver to do some "high altitude training" at the Great American Beer Festival!!!
http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/index.htm
:D :D :drooling:
With 408 breweries on site it might be hard to make a choice, anyone have any suggestions of beers I should "sample"?

ahh...excellent choice of training for the Ringwood race this Sunday :D
Have fun....don't drink too much.....sorry, I meant drink TOO MUCH!!!

Glancing Aft

Woah, one of the drunkest nights of my life. Insane. I had so many good beers, and so many terrible ones as well. When I arrived I was like a kid in a candy shop and found myself drunk way too soon. Overall, I discovered that I don't like beers from the south at all. The Northwest as if there where any doubts has probably the best beers in the country, and the best beer of the night I thought was called Umpa Lumpa and was from some small brewery in Michigan (forget the name of it). All in all a great time. I also got to go skiing, so I was stoked on the whole experience :D

bozizle

Worth it

For some one who is really into the micro brew scene and brewing I would guess it's worth the trip? I wanted to check it out next year and get some vacation time to enjoy my trip.

Glancing Aft

Worth the trip, yes and no. You will never be in any other place with so many beers available for you to sample. As an avid beer drinker that aspect was absolutely amazing. There was one thing about the experience that upset me, most of the breweries (there were some exceptions) did not have people from their brewery at the booth and instead just had event staff that acted basically as bar tenders. I was really hoping to have more interaction with breweries that I was interested in to talk about the beer that I was drinking. Still, I was exposed to some amazing beers and would highly recommend the festival!

Top Bottom