Tomorrow after work - Six Mile

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
All,

I'm new to the site (and to biking) and have only recently found out about 6 mile run. I've only been on the canal side, but from what I've read here, the 27 side is the place to be. I'm going to be there around 5:30pm tomorrow if anyone can possibly show me the way around. I haven't found any maps of the 27 side yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Sircrashalot

WOnt be able ot make it today, but possibly Thursday around the same time or a bit earlier could work. This time of year headin gin at 5:30 is almost pushing it for darkness- kinda DENSE cedar sections get pretty dim pretty quick.

If you go today, dive right in from the far left corner of the parking lot fro m where you enter, near the lovely smelling poop processing hut side. Go left at the first big downed log just after the big log pile. From there pretty much follow straight along until you cross power lines. Once you cross second break in the woods look around carefully- this section has loops that I frequently find people lost in going round & round. TONS of different loops can be made. Have fun!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Got stuck

Thanks for the reply. I got stuck at work and didn't get out until after 6:mad: . I did drive by and found the lot and entrance to the trail, so I'll try to hit it tomorrow or thurs.

Thanks for the tips,

Tim

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Hope to be there tonight

Hope to be there at 5PM today if I don't get stuck again. Anyone interested?

Tim

Wobbegong

I should be available to give a tour over the weekend. Let me know if something works for you. Anyone else??????

Last edited:

Sircrashalot

Know my way but would be fun to ride with new folks....will depend on when over the weekend. I'll keep checking in...

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Rode Tonight

Thanks for the replys. I went tonight and had a great ride. Thanks to Dmitri for letting me follow (as if he had any choice). Still don't know how you guys find your way around this side without riding here for years! Seems like a maze to me.

As far as Sunday morning, that would be perfect for me. Let me know what time and I'll try to be there.

Tim

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Works for me.

Earlier would work better for me, but as you are the one being kind enough to show me around I will work with any time you need. If 10AM is best for you then that's fine.

Again thanks for offer.

Tim

Wobbegong

Earlier would work better for me, but as you are the one being kind enough to show me around I will work with any time you need. If 10AM is best for you then that's fine.

Again thanks for offer.

Tim

I can do 9:30 Sunday morning, thats the earliest I can make. See you at the rt. 27 Soccer parking lot. Bring a helmet. Anyone else who would like to ride is welcome. Pace will match the group.

Sircrashalot

:( I'll catch up on another ride sometime.....my wife is pretty, in fact very good about letting me do my hobbies pretty much whenever I want, but not on Sunday mornings.....no religious extremism going on here but she likes to go to church, and hates to go to church alone. Its the one sorta 'mandatory' thing she asks of my schedule...one hour a week that happens to be Sunday morning from 10:30-11:30.

Wobbegong

:( I'll catch up on another ride sometime.....my wife is pretty, in fact very good about letting me do my hobbies pretty much whenever I want, but not on Sunday mornings.....no religious extremism going on here but she likes to go to church, and hates to go to church alone. Its the one sorta 'mandatory' thing she asks of my schedule...one hour a week that happens to be Sunday morning from 10:30-11:30.

No problem, always gotta keep the peace in the house. I totally undetstand where your coming from. We ride another time.

I'll see you Sunday morning.

Tim

Great! I'll see you tomorrow morning, 9:30. I drive a white pickup.

I'll show you the whole park.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Perhaps she needs to learn about "Bike Church"!!

j

Wobbegong

Perhaps she needs to learn about "Bike Church"!!

j

We us to do one called "Fish Gospel". It was Sunday 5:30am surf fishing at Island Beach.

Do you want to worship tomorrow at 9:30? M3tim is a new rider, so the pace will be laid back.

Last edited:

Mk1Racer

You guys going to ride there early tomorrow (Sun.)? I was going to go out for a road ride before the kids get up, but I could be talked into an hour or two at SMR. Probably need to get in the woods by 7 so that I can be back home by 9:30 or so.

Hey M3Tim,

I'm pretty new at this whole thing too, so if you're up for an early, easy pace ride, lmk. Could meet at the Rt 27 lot by 7. stb, you in?

Last edited:
Top Bottom